TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
[Formerly VLie27]
Not a n00b

Name: Natalie

So I have this new friend... - January 18th 2009, 10:55 PM

We've been talking and stuff for a while. Just a little while ago i tell him a little about my trust issues and he confides in me about his and wants to know if we can work together on finally being able to trust people...

How would you go about doing something like this? I mean, two non-trusting people working together to become more trusting towards the rest of the human race? I think he wants to work on it in a 'relationship'-type way, but I am just not down and ready for that. Especially because I haven't known him very long or know too much about him [not to mention he likes his relationships to be more sexual and sex is a HUGE no-no for me].

Sooo... any ideas?
  Send a message via MSN to ScarlettSapphire  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: So I have this new friend... - January 19th 2009, 05:38 PM

If he asks to be your boyfriend, just say no, that it isn't personal, but you arn't ready for that right now(which it doesn't, with your trust issues) I can understand how it can be difficult to trust someone and the fact that both of you can talk to each other is great. I would be careful and he tells you anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, then tell someone.
Good luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: So I have this new friend... - January 19th 2009, 05:52 PM

Hi there,

Trusting people is difficult, but it's important to have a trusting bond with friends. That doesn't mean hopping into a relationship right away or telling someone you just met not too long ago everything. Take your time. Have a conversation with your friend and just get to know him. But make it clear you are not looking for a relationship right now.

All the best,
Nat.

Closed Thread