TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sheehan225 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Divorce - July 27th 2009, 02:23 AM

So my life was pretty much normal for 18 years. After my birthday, my life took a 180 and I can not take it anymore!! I dont know what to do. My parents never fought around me so I never thought there was a problem. The out of the blue, they said they are gonna "try a seperation". My dad, my sisters and I started crying and the sadness hasnt gone away since. Its been 3 months. My dad is super depressed, he sees a therapist. My oldest sister took the rule of mom and is stressin out and has random break downs. My other sister barley even lives here anymore...shes always out with friends or at her boyfriends. I am super stressed and depressed. I break down everytime I think bout it. My dad makes me ask my mom what shes up to every once in awhile and is now pressuring me to say something to her about her drinking, which i admit is bad. But I cant take the load he is putting on me. I dont know what to do anymore. Im ready to snap!! Any advice would help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LoveFever Offline
:o
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Re: Divorce - July 27th 2009, 04:24 AM

A similar situation happened to me right after my 15th birthday.
Have you tried telling your dad that he's putting too much pressure on you? I know he's probably really broken up about this whole thing, but he is an adult and shouldn't be pressuring his children to fix his marraige.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lilangel! Offline
Speeding through life
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Divorce - July 27th 2009, 07:51 PM

hi,
i had a similar thing just after my 14th birthday and the day of my brothers 18th. my mum had kissed and been texting another guy, who happened to be one of my closest friends (19 at the time, dont worry lol) and when we were told about it, i hated everyone and was depressed for months. but eventually i got through it.
you will come to realise that they will most likely be a lot happier separate than together. my parents never argued in front of me or my brother and it was a complete shock, but looking back now, i can see that things werent right.
your dad shouldnt be pressuring you like that, you should talk to him or your older sister and say that its too much for you. hes an adult and should understand that its not right for him to do thins to you.
maybe you should all sit down together and be honest with each other about all your feeligs. if your all honest with each other, you can get past this awkward stage. it takes a long time to get over it, i still get pissed off with my parents and can wake up somedays and think none of it happened and walk around thinking my dads still home, which is wierd when i see my mums boyfriend lol.
seriously though, its normal to feel how you are and for things to be wierd. but talking to my family honestly and openly was the greatest thing we ever did and it solved most of our problems. i think thats the best thing you can do right now.
hope it all gets sorted
PM me if i can help anymore or if you want someone to listen to you
Hannah X

"He who does not weep, does not see" - Les Miserables.

keep reaching and living your lives. you are who you are.

PM me whenever and ill do my best to help!

Im here if you ever need anyone to talk to or to have someone to listen to you

Closed Thread