TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 10:09 AM

Ok,

So as i wrote a post a few weeks back. Basically my best friend started dating my ex of two years, after promising not to go near him.

They've broken up. He broke up with her.

But now i'm in a major dilemma. Firstly, I know she'd loved him for 6years. Secondly, she's been going through a lot, and was looking out for herself for once. Thirdly, I miss her like crazy.

She wants to sort things out with me. But I dont know whether I want to. She promised me she wouldnt but she did. She's broken her promise around this subject too many times.

And it hurts so much.

But then is a guy worth losing a friend over? But then what friend would do that?

Just need some peoples views on this

So I saw her in college today. Visiting someone I think. So we didnt speak. I just talked with someone else til she left. Anyway. I miss her like crazy. But she still hurt me so badly. But maybe thats just me being stupid. Anyway. She sent me this today on email. Any advice?
This is becoming stupid. The way you blanked me today was cruel. Thats the only word i can think for it.

You are the best friend that i have ever known, and i hate not having you there. I'm sorry for what i did, i know you hate me for that. But i miss you, And i need you

I saw you the other day walking up the road with Andy, it took ever ounce of strength in me not to pull over and bundle you into the car. Probably knowing you, i would of got a punch

To me you are amazing, the best kisser that I've ever known and the only person who would go on all of the rides at Thorpe park with me before we started feelin sick. Your the only person that when you called me pretty or beautiful i actually believed.

So even after reading this (hope your happy i'm in tears, totally your fault) you still hate me, can you at least send me a email back?

still gonna love you even if you hate me

Chrissabella
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Stuckinhell; January 30th 2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: New Info

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 11:21 AM

i would personally try and make things better with her, it is NOT worth losing a friend you care about over a boy, I've done it and in the end you're friend will always matter more to you than a boy, even if you were in love with the boy kinda thing and if she's trying to make things up she prob realizes she was in the wrong or at least thats my two pennys

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 11:40 AM

Honestly, if she's your best friend. A guy is not worth losing her.
I've kinda just been through the same thing.
My best friend went out with my ex after I asked to talk to her about it first, which she ignored. But I just let it go.

It's not worth fighting over.
Let her know that you're hurt and you'll have trouble trusting her for a while, but in the end things sho0uld work out.

It's your decision. Do you think you can forgive her?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 01:03 PM

I cant forgive her. Not again. He cheated on me with her when we were together. She promised me she wouldnt again. She did. We broke up. Next week they were together. She said she felt guilty...wouldnt do it again. Then she started again...in the bedroom with him....this time keeping it quiet....then bragging about it to me...
Then she promised me she wouldnt again. Then she dated him. Then he broke up with her....so she's trying for me again...

It's impossible to trust her. And what friendship is it without trust

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 01:06 PM

Then it seems like you've already made up your mind.
And in my opinion, they both seem like douches.

Leave them behind, and move on.
You'll do better without them.

But again, this is just my two cents.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 01:16 PM

But then, they've broken up. And I miss her. And she feels the same. We have so many memories together. But then it's like she hurts me. Stupid, attention seeking things. That hurt me. She doesnt realise how much. But they do.

And what if they get back together. I cant deal with that. But then she needs me. She's going through a lot, and she's on her own again. But then....is that my fault?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 01:17 PM

Bless you, it sounds like your going though a lot. To be honest, you're friend can't think that much of you to do that in the first place, but then again, I always say that guys come and go but friends are forever. I really don't know what I'd do in your situation. If you really miss her though, be friends with her again, but you don't have to forgive her. Let her know you will never agree with what she did and you won't forget it. I wouldn't want to lose a friend though, but she doesn't sound like much of a friend. To be honest, you deserve a million times better than the pair of them x x

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i'm going crazy....please give me advice - January 19th 2009, 01:31 PM

It's complicated. And the only person I can usually talk to is my boyfriend. But it's kinda hard to explain to him, that i've fallen out with her because she's dating my ex. Because he'll immediatly think its because i want to be with him. And it's not. It's more a case of the past is the past. But it's my past. And she's butting into it.

Plus we've always been more than friends. Never actually dated, but thats purely because she hasnt come out to anyone apart from me and another friend, and its complicated. But it just makes it feel like even more of a betrayal

Closed Thread