TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

two of my best friends. - August 1st 2009, 05:04 PM

okay, so both of my best friends want to go to my baptism and said okay but they ran out of tickets and i only got one so i can either take best friend A or B.

best friend A:

i told her she could go way before my other friend BUT she made other plans at 7:30 and the baptism doesn't start until 6:30 and theres a party after it. She said she'd stay and watch me get baptized but then she's got to leave. I mean, I told her weeks ago and she said she wouldn't have made plans if she hadn't thought it would be in the morning. but i think that she could have consulted me before making the plans, right? but sometimes it slips peoples minds and i understand that. but i mean, i want to have a friend at the party afterwards or ill just be with my parents and other adults and it'll be boring, you know?

best friend B:

she doesn't really care all that much about the baptism it's self seeing she isn't a religous but i mean she's my best friend and she said she'd be there. it won't be that big of deal to here as it would be with the other best friend but she kept here time open for me and will be able to attend to the party with me afterwards. plus, we always have a lot of fun together more than above.

i wish i could take them both but i can't.
i don't know which one to let down, i don't wanna hurt them and A is likely to get more hurt than B.. but I kind of want to take B instead of A because of how it'll turn out! i don't know. who would you take? either way i'm going to make one of them mad.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: two of my best friends. - August 1st 2009, 09:03 PM

Hi Cassie,

I really think you should explain the situation to both of your friends. Let them know that you invited them both before knowing that they ran out of tickets. Just say that you still have one ticket and would like one of them to still come with you. Judging by their reactions, it may be easier to decide which one should go. One of your friends may offer to sit it out as well.

Don't think that the fact that you only have one ticket means that you can't celebrate with both of your friends. Try planning your own baptism party for another day and invite your friends to go. That way you can spend time with both of them and it wont feel like you are leaving anyone out.

Keep in touch with the other people who do have tickets to the baptism and the party. It could be that someone may get sick or have something come up, and in that case, you might be able to get another ticket from them.

Choosing one friend over the other can be hard, but they are both still your friends. I'm sure either will understand that you need to make the decision and there isn't much choice to it.

I hope that everything goes well for you and that you enjoy your baptism.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread