TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Worried about grandmama - January 19th 2009, 01:21 PM

So i've always been really close to my grandmama, but last year she was diagnosed with stomach cancer. She had the stomach removed, but was told the cancer will come back within a year, and then she'd have less than a year to live. It's been 15months since she had the operation, but recently she's been feeling ill. She went to the doctor and had a test and they found a shadow on her lung.

So she gets the result of the biopsy tomorow. And i'm scared. I dont know how to cope anymore. It's one loss after another. And i really cant deal with it. I want to do something to help her, but i feel so helpless. I want to take away her pain. but theres nothing i can do. And it hurts. To see her there, hoping that it will be ok. Knowing it wont be.

It's just like everyone leaves me. Like its my fault. She was told she had a stomach ulcer. I went up there, the next day she was told it was cancer. It feels like i'm a jinx, and i hate myself for it. I just want to make things right but i cant.

I just dont know what to do anymore. I keep crying, I feel so low. I just want to give in, save myself the pain. But i know thats selfish. She needs me. And i'm going to be there for her. It just seems so pointless. God takes her away from me, like He's taken everyone else. And i dont know why. What i've done to deserve this. It's like i'm cursed into unhappiness.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Worried about grandmama - January 19th 2009, 04:48 PM

It isn't your fault about her cancer. Don't blame yourself.
You are helping her already by being there for her and supporting her. Whatever happens, she'll always know you were there for her and she'll appreciate that.
Don't blame yourself for what is happening. It's unfortunately beyond your control.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

Closed Thread