TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

He was asking around for speed. - August 6th 2009, 03:46 AM

*Don't move to the Subtance section, I've got two problems with the situation*

So, one of my best friends and me haven't really talked all summer. I asked her a while back if we were okay, and she just acted sort of pissy with me and didn't really answer. Anyway, a mutual friend of ours' smokes pot somewhat regularly, and none of us have really worried about it because we all smoke a little and around here, no one really thinks of pot as a "drug", plus his reasoning and actions don't seem to have been affected by it. But friend A talked to me yesterday to tell me he was asking her if she could get him any acid or speed. I can't even beleive that he would do something so stupid. I'm concerned about the acid too, but f*cking speed?! If he was at a party or something and got talked into trying it, I might be able to understand, but he's actively going out of his way to try and get some. I'm really just shocked. I know a lot of people would say I should be there for him if he's acting like this, but I honestly just want to tell him straight-up that I'm not hanging around him or having anything to do with him if he's doing speed now, because I can't deal with that, I just can't.

(people that have done speed/had addictions to it, please don't hate me, I just have very strong convictions against hard drugs and I really can't help it.)

But, yeah, me and friend A just formed a small conversation about how shocking that was, and then she started talking to me again today about random stuff, and being oddly friendly. There are only a few things that could be going on: 1. She thinks I can get her pot or she needs something else from me so she's trying to butter me up, which I am sorely suspicious of. 2. She is trying to keep her ties strong with everyone for whatever reason. 3. She's genuinely trying to keep things strong between us, which would be nice, but our conversations is so intensely awkward, and there's no way to determine whether it's that or one of the other two. Though, the third is more likely than the others and I'm probably being paranoid, they're still possibilities that I just can't disregard immediately.

I need help with both situations, advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by Shannon; August 6th 2009 at 03:51 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: He was asking around for speed. - August 6th 2009, 04:15 AM

Hey Shannon. I completely agree with you on the speed thing, I wouldnt want to hang around anyone who did it, either. I think you have every right to distance yourself from him because thats some serious shit in my book. And if he asks why, just tell him. There are consequences to every action and if someone doesnt want to hang with another person because he's doing drugs, thats just a consequence of his own choices.

About your other friend, Im not too sure on what advice to give, tbh. Its understandable to be wary of her sudden friendliness, so I guess just keep talking to her if you want, see how it plays out. If it does end up being because she wants something, well at least you're already aware it was possible, so it wont be like a big shock. I do hope it all works out okay though, for both situations :/

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

Closed Thread