TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Knocks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My Mom. - January 19th 2009, 08:26 PM

A lot of problems lead back to moms, and my mom is all I have ever had in my life.

Around three years ago she met some guy named eric who would rarely physicly abuse her, but hey one time is more then enough,
But almost always mentally abuses her.

She dumped him in september, or so, so I was the happiest guy on the face of the planet.

Then recently, only a month ago, she started clubbing, going out non-stop, rarely coming home.
She continues to neglegt me, and my two siblings, but I am mainly worried about my youngest my little brother who is only 11, to see his perfect life shatter apart before his eye's.

Now, a few days ago, she decided to "whore it out" again, as I like to reffer it as.

She decided since she cant find a decent man, "Hey!, I'll fuck eric!".

And so it starts, the relationship, I will disallow this in my life,
I'd rather take my own life then see a man take over out family.

Now tonight, after my mom pretty much cussed me out (First time she EVER emotionally abused me) I could literally not give two rats ass, if I did I would of killed her where she stood.

I decided I will take a break and leave the house for 45 minutes.

During that time, my brother couldn't find me, and I guess kept telling my mom "Mommy, Hunter ran away, he's not here", she continued to say things such as "Your brother is a fucking mug", etc. etc.
Which really, I would reffer her as a dumbass,
I have never once laid a hand in a fight, once.

Now I write this as we speak, as she is gone to fuck eric once again,
I thought hey I might get a tad bit of advice.

I have suicidal thoughts,
Thoughts of running away,
homicidal thoughts.

It's got to end, now.
If he moves back in I dont know what I will do, probably one of the three.
Sorry if this seem's a tad bit stuck up, but I know I need help,
and Im trying to recieve it, or as much as the internet can give me.

Thank you,

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My Mom. - January 20th 2009, 05:11 PM

Hi there Knocks,

You are completely right in saying that once is more than enough when this man physically abused your mom. She does not need to put up with that kind of abuse or even verbal or mental. It sounds like she feels she is in a desperate situation. Do you think it would help if you reminded her how much her family cares about her? And that she doesn't need to run off with other men who do not appreciate her?

What your mom is doing is creating an unfair environment for you and your siblings. You should not have to put up with abuse as well. When arguments start, just remember to stay calm. That is very important. Fighting doesn't seem to be doing much in the situation. Make your point clear, but remember to still stay calm.

If this Eric or anyone lays a hand on you or your siblings- or your mom, it is important that you get in touch with someone about it. If the situation gets dangerous, then you need to take it upon yourself to take care of you and your family.
As for your youngest brother, I suggest that you look out for him. He'll need some support from you if your mother is out all the time.

Suicide, running away and homicide are never the right thing to do. There are other ways to solve this. To start with, just know that people care about you and your family cares about you. Have you thought of talking to a guidance counselor at school about your situation at home? They might be able to give you some better suggestions, or if you ask them to, get in contact with child services.

All the best, and keep posting. We'll always do our best to help you.
Nat.

Closed Thread