TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Contacting Ex's Guy Friend - August 7th 2009, 01:55 AM

I've been single for about 2 months now.

I haven't talked to my ex for 2 months.

The sad things is that I miss HIS friends. Apparently there's this silent rule that I can't converse with his friends now because we broke up. I don't like this rule.

There's this one guy that I want to talk to who's my ex's friend ... and I don't have his number and I deleted my facebook (and I don't plan to get it back any time soon) so I don't have any means of talking to him. I haven't talked to him in forever, but we've developed some form of more than acquaintance, less than good friends type relationship. I guess I want to talk to him because he seems the brightest of the bunch and I related to him more ... and I guess I miss him most out of the bunch too. I could get his number through another friend (her number I have) of my ex's.

Would that be a bad move to do ... just ask for his number or some form of contact? I just want to talk to him ... maybe even ask how my ex is doing if the subject comes up. Idk. Ugh ok maybe I have a little crush-let on this guy too ... a form of moving on I guess? ... ugh. Is this a bad sign: me having some feelings for my ex's guy friend?

I just find it irritating that I have to stop being friends with all of my ex's friends because we broke up ...

what should I do?

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Shishaclam Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Contacting Ex's Guy Friend - August 7th 2009, 02:05 PM

Hey there
very tough situation, personally, i think that enough time has passed and as long as you do it in the open - and not behind your ex's back - then its perfectly alright to get in contact with his friend

i wouldn't advise dating this friend straight away - that would very definantly hurt your ex but just getting into contact shouldn't hurt (too much) it may even provoke him to start communication with you again and you can gain some closure

good luck, your definantly going to need it :P

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: Contacting Ex's Guy Friend - August 7th 2009, 11:45 PM

You shouldnt have that rule as you can talk to anyone you want too, its not fair if he wont let you talk to his friends but i think you should get in contact with him yes. If it goes any further tell your Ex to so he has time to adjust to it.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Contacting Ex's Guy Friend - August 8th 2009, 03:25 AM

Hey,

I think if you feel comfortable with this friend then go for it but definitely don't do it behind your ex's back because that could lead to problems. Be open with your ex and explain that you want to talk to his fried (as just friends or what not) I know you shouldn't have to tell your ex when you decide to date/talk to a new guy but given the situation I think talking to your ex, a bit, about it might be a good idea.

Also, making sure that your ex's friend is okay with the situation would be a good idea; just ask him, somehow, if he is comfortable talking to you so that no problems arise.

I hope this helped and good luck.

~Jenna~

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread