TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

I hate that i feel this way about her. - August 15th 2009, 04:17 AM

Before I start on what this post is about i would like to say that I do not live with my mom or near my mom..with that said here i go. Today was the first day back at diving practice for me in 4 weeks because I was at girl sout camp and I found out that there going to a meet tommorow..well i also found out that I get to go and I'm so happy I haven't competed in like 6 years. Anyways once I got home I was on the computer and I imed my mom and told her and she said i know and since your sister and uncle are going to be there I get to go...I said no and then gave her the reason and the reason is because every time she goes she spends more time smoking and walking around then actaully watching me..and her reply to that was "i know i cant go, but in my defense i only went 1 meet, and of course i couldnt sit still i was using at the time. but i totally understand" This just really pisses me off because for one I dont think she was using in 2002 or if she was none of us new not even my grandparents and two you dont fucking tell your daughter that you were using at the time and were high at one of her competitions. I fucking hate her for telling me that i wish never told me that...I don't know what to do it just kind of makes me want to cut just thinking about how she was possibley high when I was at a meet...FUCK HER FUCK IT

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
xlovex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy

Re: I hate that i feel this way about her. - August 15th 2009, 12:36 PM

I'm sorry about your mom, I can totally understand where your anger is coming from. However, skipping the meet won't help anything. You can't give up your chance to shine, just because of your mother. Since your mad at her, I would say not to let her control your choices.

I advise you to talk to a trusted adult about how this makes you feel. Possibly your father or grandparents, as they might be able to calmly explain to your mother how she hurt your feelings. She might not know that what she said made you mad, and there's no way for her to apologize for something she wasn't even aware of doing.

Hope this helped & good luck at your dive meet!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: I hate that i feel this way about her. - August 16th 2009, 02:36 AM

Hey.
I'm really sorry to hear about this. This can be really upsetting to hear, and I think you have every reason to be mad and/or hurt.
I think you should try talking to her about how you feel and even though you really don't want to; it might really help you. tell her that she hurt you and that it was unfair for her to do that. about your meet, i would just tell her you don't want her to go, and that you don't think it'd be best for her.
i'm really unsure of how else to help to be honest. i wish i could help you out some more. i'm sorry.
i hope i at least helped a little.
good luck at the meet.
and take care.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

Closed Thread