TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Disagreements with schools - August 16th 2009, 05:10 AM

Okay, so ive bene going to private school for almost 6 years now.
This will be my 6th year going to my private school.

I was in public school when i was in 1st grade. And let me tell ya;. IT
WAS A NICE SCHOOL. (even though i got lost all the time haha )
I loved it there. I already had gotten held back and lost most of my friends in kindergarten cuz they moved up to the very next grade.
I was SO SAD. and then there was too many kids in my school So they
had to take the 1s that did not live in the district.

So then AGAIN. I had to lost all of my friends. I was so sad. I didnt even wanna see my private school.

Then when i went to my private school i loved all the way up until 3rd grade.
I hated it. The kids and teachers treated me so badly over there.

When 4th grade came i BEGGED AND BEGGED MY MOM TO PUT ME IN PUBLIC SCHOOL. I was litterly crying to her. But she kept me in there anyway. yes i did have a good year for once.

But it was still a huge struggle with WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA, snobby kids, losing friends for no reason at all, a teacher, and parents and kids judging you.

How i look at it, And this is the honest to god truth.

Your gonna hear a lot of good things from my school,
The schools gonna look nice, clean, christain friendly on the outside.

but on the inside, Its a nightmare waiting to happen.

the kids treat you HORRIBLE, Half or more of our school is filled with snobby, Rich mean kids.
Then on the otherside i am 1 of them.

sweet, special, and vunerably innocent. i have dealt with SO MUCH.

I just wanna start over. I dont have many friends at my school anyway.
Only like 3 and thats it.

my mom doesnt understand that i have a life!
I dont wanna miss out on my life!
im darn near 13 i need to start making my own choices

My mom doesnt even let me talk about it.

Just please, Give me advise?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Disagreements with schools - August 16th 2009, 03:31 PM

YEAH!! I hear ya. I went to private school my whole life, and all my friends go to public school. And from them, I've met even more public-school people...and they are not bad people, 'anti-christian' or low-class.

Most public school kids are diverse and accepting because they grew up with people from different classes, neighborhoods, and races. They're all co-ed, and people are free to express themselves. School shouldn't just be about education 24/7.

Now, private school. Too much work, in my opinion. Private schools are usually small, which make cliques even worse than they're portrayed in movies. You get one chance at making a first impression of yourself. You have to look 'cool' and 'rich'- and you never get a second chance to if you're not.

I totally understand why you want to go to public school. I've been begging to go to a public high school for 2 years, but my mom never listened. She forced me to go to private school, and I couldn't make my own choices.

Take my advice: GO TO A PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL! Don't let your mom control your future. And if she disagrees with that, ask other family members for help, because it's only moms that act 'all-knowing' like this.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xlovex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucy

Re: Disagreements with schools - August 16th 2009, 04:01 PM

Yeah, I went to private school in First Grade. I HATED it. The kids ignored me. I cried on the playground every day because I had no friends. The uniforms were itchy and gross. I frequently tried to fake sick.

So... I know how you are feeling. However, you must realize that public school can be just as bad. My brother, who is straight as a toothpick, is constantly called gay because of the clothing he wears (umm, he wears clothes from 17th street. A surf shop. The other guys wear pink and green. I think they may be a tad confused.). It really is terrible. (My brother had the same situation as you. However, he didn't want to leave private school, my mom made him cause the school only went to 8th grade. He went to public middle school...it's confusing.)

If you are sure you want to go to public school, explain to your mom that the kids at private school aren't the people you want to influence your adult life. Or just come home crying like I did .

Good luck!

I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow, or defeat, I could only see one set of footprints.

So I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. Why, when I have needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints in the sand, is when I carried you."

~Mary Stevenson

Closed Thread