TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kupo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I feel so unimportant and useless. Friends and Family don't care about me. - August 17th 2009, 10:28 AM

Lost two of my closest friends. Found a new group of friends. My only close friend left is drifting away and seems to like the new group more and willing to defend everything they do because he doesn't want them to be mad at him. Compared to last Summer, full of hangouts and laughs, this Summer was bad. Not one of my new friends calls me up to hang out, when I text them for a hangout, barely anyone replies. My Dad's been hinting that his life would be easier without me. Saying stuff like If I joined the army, I could've retired young and had a lot of money. Which is basically indirectly saying that If he would've joined the army, never meeting my mom, I would've never been born, which would make his life easier. Recently, my Dad exploded at me because I didn't want to get a haircut (I wasn't ready to get one yet right now.), but during the process of his explosion, puts me down and goes too far with deep words that kinda of deeply affected me when I got home. When I got to my room, it all came out and the depression that I got, went deeper, to the point where thoughts of disappearing, running away comes up.

I never felt so useless, unimportant in my life.

Last edited by Kupo; August 19th 2009 at 09:33 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mosin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hopelessly Depressed.. - August 17th 2009, 02:44 PM

Your probably not gonna be interested in what i have to say until the end but i changed my mind when i decided thats WAYYY to long and i read it anyway so i hope you'll take time for my post. I think i know you. I mean its a 1 in a million chance but i know someone just like you. I never realized how shitty it is for you. You see, i met this guy and at first he was really cool. Played guitar and we got along. But he started trying to hard to be better friends and got annoying (sound familiar?) and i was a total dick to him and blew him off. He spent the summer with his older cousin as he had no friends either. That may be you? But either way, it sounds to me like your friends suck for one. Friends that are trying to impress other people aren't your friends at all. It sucks to lose friends but it happens. I mean you have a bit of an anger thing from the sounds of it that your probably get from your dad. Your stubborn. You didn't have to get a haircut but the way you went about it was immature. You need to be more diplomatic. That came out with your friends to when you were the peacekeeper so to speak. You can't let either party get to you or you'll end up doing something stupid like kicking someone out. Try not to get so attached to people. It makes you look desperate for friends and thats the reason i blew off the person that i would like to presume is your cousin. I felt bad but from my (or your friend's) view, he was creeping me out. He was so needy of my friendship that it was like satisfying someone rather than just chillin.

tl;dr: Go read it find another thread :meh:

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kupo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Hopelessly Depressed.. - August 17th 2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Your probably not gonna be interested in what i have to say until the end but i changed my mind when i decided thats WAYYY to long and i read it anyway so i hope you'll take time for my post. I think i know you. I mean its a 1 in a million chance but i know someone just like you. I never realized how shitty it is for you. You see, i met this guy and at first he was really cool. Played guitar and we got along. But he started trying to hard to be better friends and got annoying (sound familiar?) and i was a total dick to him and blew him off. He spent the summer with his older cousin as he had no friends either. That may be you? But either way, it sounds to me like your friends suck for one. Friends that are trying to impress other people aren't your friends at all. It sucks to lose friends but it happens. I mean you have a bit of an anger thing from the sounds of it that your probably get from your dad. Your stubborn. You didn't have to get a haircut but the way you went about it was immature. You need to be more diplomatic. That came out with your friends to when you were the peacekeeper so to speak. You can't let either party get to you or you'll end up doing something stupid like kicking someone out. Try not to get so attached to people. It makes you look desperate for friends and thats the reason i blew off the person that i would like to presume is your cousin. I felt bad but from my (or your friend's) view, he was creeping me out. He was so needy of my friendship that it was like satisfying someone rather than just chillin.

tl;dr: Go read it find another thread :meh:
Thanks for taking the time to read the whole thing man, sorry it was long. But I decided to add a short summarized version on the bottom for the lazy reader, haha.

I'll respond to some stuff and hope to enlightened it. It may seem that it was immature for me to do that, regarding the haircut incident. But it was all good before that. We had a nice dinner, went to get bread for my grandma, there was no anger between us, we were about to go home and that's that. Then I went to the convenience store and he called me, saying to meet him at the barber. He then sees me and goes like "GODDAMMIT HURRY UP" and I told him "I. did. not. want. a. haircut. right. now." Short. Simple. and Sweet. But he got impatient and brought out the barber to embarrass me. I knew there wasn't any use talking to him so I walked towards the car, it would just make him explode more If I kept repeating no. He, as the father should've asked me "Hey, there's a barber shop nearby, you want to get a haircut?", but no he instead assumed that I "had" to have one and it was like "I'm angry, and if you don't get your haircut I'm going to torture you in the car." It's like the on switch was switched on and he got from "Normal" to "Angry", like hes bipolar or something.

As for my friend that I kicked out, it had to be done. This was basically his first relationship that lasted for a while, his previous ones lasted for a day at most. But then he doesn't understand to have balance between his girlfriend and his friends/family. He made a huge deal out of a small thing. He even calls me stuff like immature even though he hasn't seen me for two-three years, people change. This was the first time I saw him like this. I didn't want to watch it anymore so I just cut ties with him.

and maybe your right. maybe i shouldn't be too attached anymore, in the end the seperation process was hard.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Hopelessly Depressed.. - August 19th 2009, 10:14 AM

Moved to Friends & Family by OP's request (:

Closed Thread