TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThugZilla1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I can't stand my dad anymore - August 19th 2009, 07:42 PM

I can't stand him anymore, hes an idiot, with some sort of a mental disorder, that makes him flip out for no fucking reason. A couple days ago, we were painting someones house, he starts cursing at me, and flipping out, just because I asked him something, or his phone rang. Then today, he decided to mow the lawn in 90 degree weather, and asked me if I wanted to help him, I couldnt say no, in the middle, he lashes out at me just because I asked him where something was, started cursing at me, and then telling me to GTFO. My mom usually tells me to keep calm when he does this, but today I couldn't, I told him a few words, and told him to mow the lawn by himself if he is disrespectful, and left. I cant take this anymore, he has some mental disorder, and my mom won't do anything about it. I can't get along with him, almost to the point that I hate him. What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
strong-but-weak Offline
Musical mess
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Leah

Re: I can't stand my dad anymore - August 19th 2009, 10:29 PM

It's hard when you don't get along with your family huh?
He doesn't have a right to be so rude to you, however you can't disrespect him. He's your father and you don't get another one of those.
You should try to talk to him about it. Tell him that it hurts you when he says things like that. If he doesn't understand, try bringing your Ipod with you when you're with him so that you can put in your headphones and block him out if he starts being rude to you.
That's how I handle my mother. Believe me, I have a hard Irish head and a temper to match, but once I can't hear her so well and I've got some music to listen to I don't feel quite so angry. I get a better handle on it. Maybe the same thing will work for you.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.
Bella

And no matter what my heart [</3] says
I have to let you walk away
maybe someday

I can't fight for you anymore
But it's too hard to watch you fall.
But watching you go breaks my heart
But I want to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ThugZilla1 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't stand my dad anymore - August 23rd 2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamarie View Post
It's hard when you don't get along with your family huh?
He doesn't have a right to be so rude to you, however you can't disrespect him. He's your father and you don't get another one of those.
You should try to talk to him about it. Tell him that it hurts you when he says things like that. If he doesn't understand, try bringing your Ipod with you when you're with him so that you can put in your headphones and block him out if he starts being rude to you.
That's how I handle my mother. Believe me, I have a hard Irish head and a temper to match, but once I can't hear her so well and I've got some music to listen to I don't feel quite so angry. I get a better handle on it. Maybe the same thing will work for you.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.
Bella
He might be my father but he has no right to treat me like shit. I'm tired of the constant yelling from him at my mom, me and my sister, whos 5 by the way. He can be a great person one second, then flip out start cursing the next. I think he's bipolar... and it won't get better by just letting it go.

He's also a neat freak, he nags me about the cleanliness of my room, which is clean in my opinion, in my bathroom, he checks the sink for water stains, and yells if he sees one. A few days ago my cousin came, and her shoes left something on the floor, and he got chemicals and started cleaning behind her. Its rediculous.

Closed Thread