TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dregin Offline
College Boy
Average Joe

Name: Steve

No Best Friends? - August 21st 2009, 01:32 PM

So I'm a 20 year old male and I really don't have any friends. I used to have some but I found them really not to be that great and got rid of them these were old high school friends by the way. The reason I got rid of them is because they were far too immature and wanted too much attention it was like they didn't have a life. I have a girlfriend I've been dating for about a year and four months so I'm not lonely or anything.

Since then I have completed my first year of college and starting my second year next monday and my girlfriend thinks I should try to make new friends but people are just really weird to me example being last year when I became friends with this guy in my computer class and he even offered to give me an ipod touch because he had a hook up and could get a free one(he had like two of them in class) so I'm like yeah cool and he says I'll bring it tomorrow or whatever the next day he says he forgot and it would be a good idea for me to come to his house and get it.

First thing this guy had never expressed interest in women and I tested this by asking him did he think our teacher was attractive and he just changed the subject(and our teacher was by the way) so i declined to go to his house and then the guy stops answering my texts and doesn't even show up to class on the last day!

I've had friends that lie to me and do petty little things and I enjoy spending time alone or with my girlfriend. Is that so wrong? I really can't find anyone to really get along with because everyone just seems so childish and just I feel like it's better for me to concentrate on me and my gf and I'm happy but I feel like it's kind of weird that I don't have that best friend like a lot of people and even my gf has.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
phoenixsrmc Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lily

Re: No Best Friends? - August 21st 2009, 05:12 PM

Not everyone has best friends. I don't have best friends. I have friends that I hang out with, but that's basically it.

If you're happy, it shouldn't be a problem then. But if it's bothering you and if you want some friends (maybe not best friends, but friends ... and if it happens to develop to best friend material then so be it), don't think the worst. Not everyone is immature. Sure there's plenty of people out there who don't act the way they should, but there's plenty of people who act just the opposite. Just take the initiative and look out for them. They'll come across your path sooner or later. You're going back to college = perfect opportunity to meet new people. Give it a chance. It wouldn't hurt.

You can lose yourself. Everything. All boundaries. All time.

And just when the sweet confusion is so intense you think you're gonna die... you kind of do.

Leaving you alone in your separate body, but the one you love is still there.

That's a miracle.

You can go to heaven and come back alive. You can go back anytime you want with the one you love.

.Lily.
former HelpLink Mentor.
email me anytime <3

Closed Thread