TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anonymous123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I hate my Parents - August 22nd 2009, 04:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm really Fed up with my parents...I hate them

Here is why

I am the geek at school and all my peers like me...they tell me that i'm a genius

But my Dad keeps telling "You are a dumbo and you cannot succeed in your life...You're spending your time with computer....your life is valueless"

He is indirectly telling me to commit suicide

and you know my timings....

I goto school at 8 AM..school ends at 3 PM..And i go to some fukin tution...study there and come back at 7 PM...When i come back tired studying all day,My dad asks me to study again till 9 PM...And i'm not supposed to be awake after 9 PM....

So i have no time to touch my PC

My dad gave me a contact list kindah thing which has 36 contacts

I typed them real fast,Printed it and gave it to my dad

I got exactly 1 typo

That is XXXXXXXXX1 as XXXXXXXXX2

And for that he yelled at me like

"you are not perfect in anything,You can't succeed in anything you know nothing about computers you're a coward"

All for just 1 typo

He uses explicit language in front of my friends,Neighbors and my little sister....

My parents say that i'm corrupted

How the hell can they say that?

-I dun take drugs
-I Dun smoke

My dad starts yelling at me for nothing and my mom supports him...

My parents keep tellin me that they work hard for me....and i shud for hard for my future

They say that i need more improvement in studies

and i get good grades at school....they say you need to get more

How the heck can i get more than A+?

I won 2nd prize in science competition and they didn't say "good" but you should get 1st prize

I won 1st prize in whole state in computers competition and they didn't say even "good work"

I'm not supposed to hang out even on weekends...They ask me to study and they keep spying on me

So it is summer....I'm spending my time with my PC and they hit me for that....

They jus don't let me enjoy

I cry almost everyday

They yell at me almost everyday

I fuckin hate them

I want to commit suicide and i didn't do that thinkin of the pain and the status of my parents after the suicide....

My dad insults me infront of my friends,Even yells at my frnds

he tells my frnds "Don't be a friend of my son...you will get spoiled"

They always liked me cuz i give some geeky stuff to them

and now my dad is planning to stop the internet service at home

If this happens...i will commit suicide

Can anyone tell me a good way to commit suicide?

Last edited by Strider; September 4th 2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Adding 'triggering' prefix to title of thread.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I hate my Parents - August 22nd 2009, 04:43 AM

Hey,

No one on this site is going to tell you a good way to commit suicide; that is not what we do. We at this site try to help people/support people. You know, suicide is not a good option and you can make it through this. I know that you may be having a hard time right now but please don't do anything like commit suicide. You deserve to live and as bad as life may seem it can be good.

I want you to know that your parents expectations of you are pretty much rediculous. And, I want you to know that you do not deserve that treatment. You deserve to be treated with kindness, respect and love.

Have you ever considered talking to someone about the way your parents are? I know it might be hard but they might be able to help you figure something out. Talking is also a good way to get through the suicidal thoughts.

If you could why not talk to your friends about it all. Explain to them how you feel about your parents and let them know that you just need someone to talk to.

Another place you could look for support at is the hotlines ( http://forums.teenhelp.org/f3-general/t22-hotlines/) the people there are very caring and they want to see you make it through. And, it is free to call.

Another thing you could consider doing is talking to a counselor(your school psychologist would be a good place to start). Counselors can be really helpful and it can be helpful to have someone stabile to talk to on a more regular basis.

Please hang in there and know that you don't have to resort to harming yourself. You are in high school so in a little bit you can go to college. When college comes you could move out of your house and then you wouldn't have to deal with your parents so please hang in there.

Best of luck and my pm box is always open.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
anonymous123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my Parents - August 22nd 2009, 04:53 AM

@BeautifulDisaster1819

I never talked to anyone about my parents

but your post made me think

Thanks for the kind reply

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FBHfan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate my Parents - September 3rd 2009, 03:04 AM

Well, I don't really know where to start. I'm surprised and glad that I found someone who's parents are A LOT like mine. However, that's not the point.

It's not easy living in such a household. I understand your frustration and your anger, but please don't commit suicide. I've contemplated suicide MANY times because of the way my damned father yells and hits me. Even if it's just a smack in the head, it doesn't feel right. It makes me so angry that I cry sometimes. It feels completely horrible being hit by the man you call your father. However, my reasons for not committing suicide is different from yours. I just don't do it cause I'm scared. I don't have the guts to do it. And also, don't you want to see what you'll become in the future?

The only advice I can really give you is to stay away from your parents, if you can. Spend as little time with them as possible. There's no sense in being around people that make you feel this way. This isn't right coming from parents. And also, like BeautifulDisaster1819 said, please hang in there. Try what I do. I keep hoping that as soon as I turn 18, I'm moving FAR away from my parents and never ever seeing them again, and they will not know where I am. Live a life away from the people causing your unhappiness. But it's hard to think so positively when you live in such an environment. Just hang in there. I know a smart guy like you will be heavily rewarded later in life.

I'm sorry that you have to go through all of this. It isn't right, and no one should be treated this way. Sorry that this is all I can do to help.

Good luck man.
-FBHfan

btw, if you want to contact me, I'll try to check my PM box frequently.

Closed Thread