TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
T_Left_Alone_B Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Desmond

Family Reunion, Same as Before - September 2nd 2009, 02:46 PM

hey, well i just found out we are having a family reunion in 2 weeks. we haven't had one in like 6 years i think. 6 years you'd think alot has happened, and everyone has alot of stories to tell. Well everyone does, except me. i can't think of a single thing different for me from 6 years ago, except maybe i keep failing college. while my other cousins have all traveled the world, graduated, and gotten married, i'm still stuck failing school. working part time, getting minimum wage. i even look the same for 6 years ago. i usually get excited to see family. but this time, i don't even want to go at all. .
  Send a message via MSN to T_Left_Alone_B  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Family Reunion, Same as Before - September 2nd 2009, 10:24 PM

Hi Desmond,

I get that you are worried that you wont have much to say about your life at your family reunion, but maybe you could try spending the majority of the time asking others what they've been up to for the past six years. By asking them questions, you are sure to spur a conversation that you will probably be able to comment on or add to.

Family always asks a lot of questions too, so maybe you will find that you start to remember something you've done- maybe with your friends or something interesting that happened at your job- that you could talk about. Six years is a long time, and I'll bet something has happened, even if you don't realize it right now.

Also, if you find you don't have anything to talk about from the past, then look to the future! Let them know what you want to accomplish in school, even though you're having a bit of trouble right now. Or maybe you could talk about your plans for later in your life, like where you're thinking of living, what kind of job you'd like to get, places you'd like to travel.

Try to expand possible things you could talk about. There will be plenty to say, even if it is reminiscing, talking about future plans, or just commenting on what other people have been up to.

Don't let this get you down too much. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun at the reunion.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
T_Left_Alone_B Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Desmond

Re: Family Reunion, Same as Before - September 2nd 2009, 10:33 PM

yeah, i guess i can talk about my plans, not really my fault to much a whole hasn't happen to me, where i live is boring, and i can't afford to travel or anything. guess i can talk about school, and show them stuff i did for school. anyways. thanks.
  Send a message via MSN to T_Left_Alone_B  
Closed Thread