TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sycro Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Best friends moving school - September 5th 2009, 06:30 PM

So, i have 2 best friends that i hang around with a lot. They're both moving schools, i mean i have other friends, but it just won't be the same will it? Anyone got any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Best friends moving school - September 5th 2009, 07:38 PM

** I felt this was better suited for the Friends and Family forum. :]

And as for your situation, you're probably right. Things won't be the same without your two best friends but there is no reason them moving needs to be a bad thing. In fact, a little added difficulty might strengthen your relationships. It can make the time you do get to see them that much better. Just because they move, doesn't mean everything needs to change. The whole point to having good friends is being able to make it through tough situation, where with other people you might give up.

Before they leave, I suggest maybe having a fun day with them. You all could try getting together and having a good time. This way it might feel a little better when they actually move. It can boost your faith in the fact that your friendships don't need to end. This can also be a good time for you to get closer with some of your other friends. : ) So even though it's sad to see things are changing, a lot of good can come from this too. Focus on that and cope with things as they come. You still have time left, make it worth your while.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Best friends moving school - September 5th 2009, 07:41 PM

Hi Sycro, welcome to TeenHelp!

It's always hard when friends move schools, and even more so when they are best friends. You are lucky to still have friends at the school you go to, but it will be a little different.

Are your friends moving to schools close to yours or farther away? If they are still living relatively close, then you can still see them after school and on weekends. If they are farther, then maybe you could take turns going to where they are moving to or them coming to where you live on holidays. And there are still phone calls, emails, and messages to keep in touch.

I think you should also take this as an opportunity to get to know your other friends better. It's good to keep communicating with the people around you and learn more about them, and this will give you a chance to strengthen the other friendships you have, or even meet some new people. You still have your other friends to hang out with.

It wont be exactly the same, but the important thing to remember is that change happens. Your friends are still your friends, it's just that they will be at another school. You will still get chances to see them and talk to them, but you'll start seeing other people and talking to them more too.

If you want to talk sometime, feel free to message me anytime.
Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread