TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
pitawindstar Offline
Crazy Guns n' Roses Fan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Jealousy. - September 7th 2009, 10:20 PM

I am very jealous of my best friend. She's so pretty, confident, fun, kind. She has tons of friends, a great boyfriend, everything. I wish I could be like her. I'm almost the complete opposite. I only have a few friends and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm incredibly shy. I feel almost worthless; nothing ever goes right for me. I have very low self-esteem, which is probably why I'm so jealous of her.

But the thing is she is a great friend; she listens to me whenever I need someone to talk to and we always have fun together. I love her, and I would never, ever do anything to hurt her. But I feel like a selfish jerk for being jealous of her, because she's always been there for me. I hate feeling like this. What should I do?

Last edited by pitawindstar; September 8th 2009 at 07:15 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to pitawindstar  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: So jealous... - September 9th 2009, 09:50 AM

amber.

i understand that you feel like your best friend is a superior person in every way: but the FACT is that everyone feels like the grass is greener on the other side. while she might be seemingly better in a lot of ways, i'm sure that she herself feels that you're better than her in a lot of ways. you should realize that you're wonderful in your own way, and never doubt yourself , because you yourself are special in a way that only you yourself can be .

and you know, i'm sure that you can make a lot of friends too .. its only because you're shy and hence she talks more than you do. but the thing is i'm really confident that you're nice and good enough to interact with many people, you're just worried because you're shy. but the thing is , i'm sure a lot of people out there want to talk to you too .

and once in a while we all feel jealous for someone, but the fact is you surely appreciate what a good and precious friend she is, and thats what truly matters

NEVER doubt yourself.. you ARE in every way as wonderful as your friend is. update us on how this goes. we know you can overcome these negative feelings !

caring always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
84y Offline
Not a n00b

Re: So jealous... - September 9th 2009, 01:21 PM

hi,
first of we all have nice things in our selves that make us different and beautiful and I am sure there is something amazing about you that makes you stand out you just have not realized it or do not appreciate it as you should.
The life of your friend might seem perfect but no body's life is , and the chance is that your friend had been threw so much or still does is a very big one. Do not feel sorry for what you may not want to have. Still if you see that she has some good qualities you wish to have for your self try learning from her and improving your self by getting those qualities, being close to her is going to help you do that. and if she is friendly enough and you trust her ,you can ask her to help you without telling her 'I want to be you'. ask her 'how she has such amazing friends'.

If ur at the bottom then cheer it only can go better
If you are lonely then smile
You do not need them to stay alive
If they hurt you bad ,been hurt worst and every thing is just pushing u down...
And even though you are strong enough to survive

p.m me.........I quite like it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
pitawindstar Offline
Crazy Guns n' Roses Fan
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amber

Re: So jealous... - September 10th 2009, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I want to make friends but I have really bad social anxiety. I freak out every time I have to do anything that involves interaction with other people (besides my few close friends and immediate family), which is why I don't have that many friends or go out much.

I usually feel like a nobody, worthless, etc. But I try to remember that I'm special and worth something. I'm working on it. :P

Once again, thanks for the replies. They've helped a bit.
  Send a message via AIM to pitawindstar  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: So jealous... - September 11th 2009, 05:21 AM

no worries always ready to help out. i'm certain you can overcome your anxiety ! we're all right behind you!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread