TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

I'm so jealous of my friend - September 15th 2009, 04:39 PM

She always gets the guys. She has an awesome body and she always puts up sexy pics on facebook and of course, guys are always commenting her. Am I supposed to put up slutty pics in order for guys to comment me???? And she's very flirty, no wonder the guys always choose her over me. There was this guy that had a crush on me, and me, him, and a bunch of my friends went to the pool. I invited my friend. And again, she has an awesome body and as soon as she took off her clothes, he was ALL over her! He got her phone number and later asked her for dinner. That was the last time they saw each other because a week later, my friend went away for vacations, and the guy is still obsessed with her, asking her when they're going to hang out. And don't even ask me about the last post I had, about how I went to apply for this job and the guy that works there (we both know him) kept asking me about my friend, WHILE I'm applying there, like wtf?? I hate going anywhere with her, she gets all the attention. I actually get so depressed when I see all these guys commenting her saying how beautiful she is, and I never get that. I'm not saying that I'm scared or shy to talk to guys, I'm friendly, but I don't flirt with every single guy (unlike my friend), I only flirt with the guys I actually like. I remember this one time, a guy was obsessed with my friend but she actually sort of hated him because she found him very creepy, he would follow her around trying to talk to her. And she's asking me what she should do. And I truthfully told her, "Stop flirting with him because by doing that, you're sending him messages that you actually like him!" How can she not realize that if you don't want somebody to cling to you, you IGNORE them, NOT FLIRT with them??

Sometimes I get so frustrated with guys because most of the time, it seems that all they think with is their D*CK! And I get frustrated with my friend, seeing all these guys throwing themselves at her

Last edited by iamverybeautiful; September 15th 2009 at 04:44 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 15th 2009, 05:13 PM

Sounds like you have a problem.
Don't change yourself to get guys. Just wait for the right one
I'm sure you're beautiful, but just wait for the right guy.
Maybe talk to your friend, explain to her how she's doing things the wrong way etc.
Oh and unfortunately lots of guys only think with their d*ck, there a few guys like me that don't, but we're massively outnumbered!
You'll find the right guy.
I hope this helps
xxxx

Last edited by forfrosne; September 15th 2009 at 05:22 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tsuki_Hana Offline
月華です。
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 15th 2009, 09:12 PM

I had a friend like that, a long time ago. No matter what I did the guy never noticed me. All they could see was my "beloved" friend. Don't get me wrong, I think she's a swell person to be around, but all the attention she gets puts me in a jealous mood. If she's around, I never even get a hello from a guy.

Unfortunately we have to deal with people being "better" than ourselves at times. You could be the most charismatic person in the world, but that won't mean a thing to some people.

If you feel so uncomfortable around your friend just talk to her. Explain that she may be flirts a bit too much and should tone it down a bit. Of course she can take this the wrong way, but she has to understand that flirting too much can get you into some big trouble.

I wish you the best of luck. Don't let a few d*ck headed guys get you down. Sometimes you have to go through all of the unpleasurable people first before you can find someone truly special.

Lovely moon flower.
Touch of red painted lips.
She gives one kiss.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 16th 2009, 02:40 AM

Thanks everybody for the replies. And it's not as if I even like the guy (the one at the pool), it just makes my self esteem go down. (The funniest part is that he thinks I actually like him! and thinks that I'm trying not to let my friend and him come together, even though my friend thinks he's a creep haha)

Tsuki_Hana, how did it end up with your friend? Did you find a guy that appreciates you?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tsuki_Hana Offline
月華です。
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 17th 2009, 01:38 AM

Unfortunately I'm a hopeless wreck. I have too many things to worry about than boys. I gave up a long time ago. Besides I rather have friends then to get too close to one person. It may sound mean, but, I rather just be alone [from a relationship] than be stuck with a person. I'm pretty much a lone wolf. I think I'm becoming asexual. XD

As for my friend we lost contact after I had to switch high schools. I tried contacting her for a while but I never received any messages back. What can ya do? Life goes on. ( ;Д`)

Lovely moon flower.
Touch of red painted lips.
She gives one kiss.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
yellowbirds Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Iris

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 17th 2009, 06:11 PM

I know what you mean by 'self esteem go down'. It's terrible to experience that but sometimes it's so unavoidable. At one point I wanted to cut off all connections with my friends (girls and guys) because I kept thinking they will forget about me or put me as last resort or something. (sometimes I still feel like this) Tsuki Hana does make pretty good points. In general it's better to try not to let others get to you. Just be yourself. I would even dare say, accept your friend. (try) You seem like an awesome person so if the guys don't see that, then forget about them. You want someone who sees and accepts you the way you are. Go have fun, focus on school, and meet new people. =]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: I'm so jealous of my friend - September 17th 2009, 07:32 PM

I have a "friend" like this.
I've never really liked her, beacause of the fact that she flirts with EVRYONE!!
Yea, shes pretty and sweet, but she likes to flirt just to get the guy wrapped around her finger. She has a warped sense of control.
But most guys once they get to know her, soon realize just how she is, and stray away from her.
She does still hang out with my group of friends (Which consist of a very close-knit little "family", of about 7 boys and two girls, myself included)
But my guy friends dont fall for her trucks anymore, dont get me wrong we still like her as a person though.
My advice for you, is also to wait for the right guy. Many, MANY, MOST, lol, guys think with their "Bottom Half". So you have to wait for the right one to come around, and see how wonderful you are, despite the fact that you dont necissarily parade yourself around.
Good LUCK

2/21/09 i found my Punk Rock Boy

"And if she had to live it all over again you know she wouldn't change anything for the world!"

Closed Thread