TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

What the hell? - September 22nd 2009, 03:17 AM

So, a lot of crap has been happening in my family recently... and for some reason I decided to tell my REAL LIFE friends about what was happening.... and like. What the hell? They were the most compassionate, loving, considerate people... EVER. One offered to edit my english paper and talk to my teachers for me, another offered up her house and services, another has been constantly checking in on me and trying to make me smile.... it's ridiculous. I didn't even know this was.. possible. It was surprisingly amazing... It made me feel so great They told me to act however I wanted, and they are getting me out of the house this coming weekend to go apple picking and stuff to get my mind off of things.

Do most friends do this, or are mine being really really weird...?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: What the hell? - September 22nd 2009, 08:30 PM

Amy....I hate to break it to ya.....BUUUTTT

You have the most AMAZING FRIENDS EVER! Seriously. They're not being weird. If anything; i think they care about you huuuge amounts and you're lucky to have them around and vice versa. Cherish these amazing people; because such people are very hard to find.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Re: What the hell? - September 22nd 2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittermist View Post
Amy....I hate to break it to ya.....BUUUTTT

You have the most AMAZING FRIENDS EVER! Seriously. They're not being weird. If anything; i think they care about you huuuge amounts and you're lucky to have them around and vice versa. Cherish these amazing people; because such people are very hard to find.

Yeah- they are nice... but it's almost too nice! Sometimes I feel like they can't possibly try and make me feel better when they have no understanding of my feelings... And today I learned they all ganged up on me and told the school counselor about how I've ben feeling... asking for help. This always bothers me =\ And sure, they "care" but it's really annoying sometimes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
xXbrooke13Xx Offline
done w/all the fake ppl
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Brooke

Re: What the hell? - September 22nd 2009, 09:08 PM

the whole them cring too much,i know exactly how you feel there Amy,my friends can be like that sometimes. i jus let them kno tht i feel like im being bombarded with stuff and ask them if they can maybe back off jus a tad,they usually do.

my friends try to get me out of my house when they kno stuff isnt going so well,buuuuuuuuut,Amy,you are reaaaaaaally lucky to hav those ppl as your friends!!!! you should totally be greatful for it(if you arent already),and let them kno that you appreciate everything theyre doing(besides the whole telling the school couselor thing tho).

~Brookie

~*fixed what was once broken*~

x7x13x

I.Love.You.<3

YOU ARE ON DRUGS,is what i think

so over you

KEEP MOVING FORWARD

need or wanna tlk,pm me nytime

Send a message via AIM to xXbrooke13Xx Send a message via Yahoo to xXbrooke13Xx  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Re: What the hell? - September 22nd 2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7x13x View Post
the whole them cring too much,i know exactly how you feel there Amy,my friends can be like that sometimes. i jus let them kno tht i feel like im being bombarded with stuff and ask them if they can maybe back off jus a tad,they usually do.

my friends try to get me out of my house when they kno stuff isnt going so well,buuuuuuuuut,Amy,you are reaaaaaaally lucky to hav those ppl as your friends!!!! you should totally be greatful for it(if you arent already),and let them kno that you appreciate everything theyre doing(besides the whole telling the school couselor thing tho).

~Brookie
No worries- I tell them how thankful I am everyday It's great, just... maybe weird and fake? I can't tell sometimes...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: What the hell? - September 23rd 2009, 06:56 PM

You have really great friends who REALLY care for you, that can be a rare thing! Hang onto them and let them know that you REALLY appreciate it.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: What the hell? - September 23rd 2009, 08:03 PM

awuh. I'm glad your friends are really understanding and cool about everything. I know what you mean though about them taking things too far sometimes. Sometimes you just need them to back off a bit and not feel as though they're treating you like totally differently? Or at least that's what I gather haha. I'm really glad that you're friends are so great about this though . Maybe just suggest they back off a little bit and explain that they're taking it a little overboard lol. Anyways, I hope it all works out for ya

<3 take care Amy
Becca

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What the hell? - September 23rd 2009, 09:02 PM

...You sound like you're complaining about this...
If I were you I'd be REALLY HAPPY I had a person that gave a care about me, without any regrets. Even if you just say 'thank you,' it shouldn't sound fake.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Re: What the hell? - September 23rd 2009, 09:22 PM

I guess it just took me by surprise because they have NEVER been this supportive of me before... normally they just complain about me/ call me "emo".

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: What the hell? - September 23rd 2009, 09:39 PM

They called you 'emo?'
I know how that is. My 'best friend' didn't word it like that, but she basically always said 'make the most of it,' which is terrible advice in my opinion.

I wonder what got into your friends, though! Sometimes I act too caring of someone, and it's usually because I have dreams where they die- and then when I wake up, I'm really happy to see them alive and well, you know? Then I start appreciating them more...

Closed Thread