TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Guy_Fawkes Offline
Super Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Axel

Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 01:31 AM

Sorry for the long post.

I'm in "Bad Influence" [an auto squad]. Meetings are on Sundays [mandatory]. I just so happen to not have my car now & I get it in 2 more weeks, well Julliam [my cousin, who I always go with when I don't have my car] wasn't going today because he had alot of homework to do, so he called in, fine, that's ok. I have no problem with that. I text my friend Roberto & he didn't text back, I call Jesse & he's with Roberto [note: Roberto & Jesse both live around the corner from me]. I need to be at the meetings, so I ask them if one of them could get me and they come up with the lame excuse that "they don't wanna be late." Meetings start at 8:30 PM. So I tell the president that I couldn't make it because of them & I explained to him what happened. I got a text from the president telling me they got there at 8:47 PM. So they were late anyway. They both live right around the corner from me, so it doesn't even take 60 seconds to get to my house from their houses, not even 30 seconds. it pisses me off how those 2 always asking for favors & then when I need a ride they can't get me?

Roberto got his car because of me, the car was $6,000 at the time. He needed a car & so did I, he had $2,000 more than me at the time & he was $1,000 short for that car so I talked to the owner & told him that he needed a car so he lowered the price & he bought it.

Jesse got his job because of me too, I personally know the manager at the store so I talked to him & he got the job & we were both working together for a while then I quit to start working at an auto shop.

While I was working at that shop, they came in sometimes for different things & I hooked them up.

So please tell me, am I wrong for getting mad?

Send a message via AIM to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via MSN to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via Yahoo to Guy_Fawkes  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 01:52 AM

from wat u've said- no.

do u feel like u need to give them an excuse??
or do u think tht wat they've done is enough, they've crossed the lines??

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Guy_Fawkes Offline
Super Guy
Not a n00b

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_liberation View Post
do u feel like u need to give them an excuse??
what do you mean?

Send a message via AIM to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via MSN to Guy_Fawkes Send a message via Yahoo to Guy_Fawkes  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 02:24 AM

wat does ur consious tell u??

... like if u feel like u need to give them an excuse, then they usually deserve one.
but if u feel like tht was inconsidrate and rude of them then they probably dnt deserve an excuse..
also before u do tht, make sure u think carefully, have u done anythign to offend them. sumtimes we do small things tht offend, tht are really huge things in the eyes of our frnds.... :|
... but if they're just rude liek tht for no reason, all the time, screw them adn make new frnds...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Guy_Fawkes Offline
Super Guy
Not a n00b

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_liberation View Post
but if they're just rude liek tht for no reason, all the time, screw them adn make new frnds...
yup, they're usually like that when they want a favor, from ANYBODY

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 02:33 AM

they're not worth ur time then!!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Guy_Fawkes Offline
Super Guy
Not a n00b

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 02:44 AM

anybody else?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Am I wrong for getting mad? - September 28th 2009, 10:08 PM

Hi Axel,

I certainly don't think you are wrong for getting mad. Frankly, it sounds like your friends were just being lazy and not very thoughtful. If you just live around the corner and it wouldn't take much of their time to pick you up, then I don't see why they weren't able to.

Next time you ask for a ride, try offering to walk over to their place so they wouldn't have to go out of their way. Show up early so you can leave and get to the meeting on time.

Or there is always the option of going with someone else, or taking the bus. If your friends don't come through with the ride, try contacting someone else at the meeting or checking the bus schedule to see if you can make it that way.

As it was, I think you gave a legitimate reason for not going, but your friends did not give you a legitimate excuse. Maybe talk to them about it and let them know that you would really appreciate them putting some effort when they are able to help you out. Tell them that you would have picked them up if they needed a ride. Sometimes you just need to confront these things head on. Try not to make it an argument, but it's important that they know you were upset about missing the meeting.

I hope that you can get things sorted out with your friends.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread