TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lil Offline
I'm here
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lil

Question My best friends girlfriend.. - September 29th 2009, 11:49 PM

So my best friend she has a girlfriend,this is the longest one shes ever had and this is the only one ive ever met.Ive only met her girlfriend twice and i think i think she nice and im not against it at all but i feel wierd around them.Shes been my friend for 7yrs and wher very close so it wasnt exactly fun watching them make out half the time..plus ive never seen 2 girls kiss before so yeah it made me lil nervous to be around since im not exactly into that.the second time we hung out me her and her girlfriend,i felt like i was just in the way, and every time her girlfriend tried to ask me a question i kept mind blanking and giving idiotic answer /: so i feel stupid now..when her and her girlfriend first got together she ignored me for a month and that really hurt i was so lonely,im slightly jealous of all the attention her girlfriend gets,i now thats mean and she doesnt ignore me as much anymore but i dunno im confused.I hate always feeling like im in the way or a third wheel or something.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Cut free since March 6th 2013
Purge free since March 8th 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My best friends girlfriend.. - October 2nd 2009, 09:30 PM

Hey Lil,

That really sounds like a frustrating experience to be in! Things can always get a bit awkward if you are hanging around an intimate couple, especially when you aren't really comfortable with the person in the first place.

I think that the more you get to talk to your friend's girlfriend, then the more comfortable you will be around her. Instead of trying to answer her questions- which can be a bit nerve wracking- try planning out some questions to ask her. Do your best to learn more about her and see if she likes doing the same stuff that you and your friend like to do.

But don't let this get in the way of you and your friend. You are allowed to spend time with her without her girlfriend tagging along. Just try explaining to her that you would like to hang out with just you and her some time and that you miss just having some friend time.

I understand that you feel uncomfortable and like the third wheel, but try not to let it get to you. Just try and get to know her girlfriend better, and maybe ask them to kiss when you aren't around because it makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm sure they wont mind.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread