TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Really confused.. - October 8th 2009, 05:43 AM

I have a best guy friend and he's always been there with me through everything. I feel like he knows everything about me, and just by looking at me he can tell if I'm faking a smile even though I'm the best faker out there. I had a crush on him for a while and it pushed him away and then as I got over it he became closer to me again. Now we're just friends. Recently a few of my friends asked him if he ever considered going out with me (without my knowing... they were in general curious and did not realize I might be upset with them asking him this..). Now he's been acting kind of strange.

He knows I was not part of them asking and he's all good with it and cool and fine and whatever. Or so he says. Lately he's been kind of ignoring me. Normally in chemistry he stares at me all the time. Now he won't make eye contact with me and doesn't always talk to me after class, sometimes he just stands there completely ignoring my existence. I've asked him if he's mad at me and he said he wasn't... I didn't believe him so the next day I asked him again. He snapped at me and so I called him. I apologized for bugging him and felt bad about it, and he apologized for snapping. We were close again.

But he's still avoiding eye contact, he kind of ignores me at lunch, he barely replies to my texts, and the only times he's interested in hanging out is if there's other people involved. We used to be so close, I feel like I'm losing a friend, which I don't want to happen, cause like I said he's been with me through everything. What do I do?

Last edited by alonealways; October 14th 2009 at 01:47 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
KittenGoesRoar Offline
Nothing but a dreamer
Not a n00b

Name: Kathryn

Re: Really confused.. - October 8th 2009, 06:06 AM

From what I've read, you haven't really talked to him about how you're feeling. I suggest that first. Some guys really freak at the idea of a relationship, he might just be going through a phase like that. It might be best to give him his space right now, but first. COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE, COMMUNICATE!!! Friends are able to share feelings with each other, right? Why should he be any different?

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you do!!!

~Kitten

"I was born with an enormous need for affection and a terrible need to give it."- Audery Hepburn

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."- Walt Disney

Think happy thoughts...and boys will buy you diamonds!"- Hello Kitty

Send a message via Yahoo to KittenGoesRoar Send a message via Skype™ to KittenGoesRoar 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
alonealways Offline
^.^
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Really confused.. - October 8th 2009, 06:13 AM

I don't know I guess I'm really afraid of talking to him about it. He's been kind of lashing out on my friends for no reason and that REALLY makes me mad. All of a sudden he's gotten kind of rude. But then I let him be for a few days and it's over. Then it all starts again. I don't know exactly how to bring it up to him.

Closed Thread