TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

I don't know what to do... - October 9th 2009, 10:27 AM

Okay, I had or have or something, idon't know, a few friends at the end of last school year. They started not including me in things at the end of the year last year and they now have gotten to the point where they don't even talk to me really...I sit with some of them at lunch and it's so hard for me to get in a conversation with them, I never have any input on anything and when I ask what everyone is talking about, they just tell me "Nothing" or that they will tell me later. In chorus, we had a studyhall and they all abandoned me, they were all sitting in another corner of the room and they said they would sit with me. (I had to ask someone where they were and they didn't like how I asked them if I could join them) they seemed kind of mad at me. I don't know why they are ignoring me and stuff, I don't know what I did or why or what they are thinking, i try and talk to them about it but they just get all mad or tell me to shut up...I haven't hung out with any friends since like the begining of July...I feel so antisocial. I tried to talk to my aunt about it but all she said is that they probably aren't hanging out with me because they don't know how to, they don't know that just because I'm blind I can do the same things as them...it hurts being told that and I try my best to show people that I'm just like them and can do the same things as them...All I want to do is find a way to get back the connection with the people that were my friends or make new friends, which would be better? I honestly have no idea and don't know where to start.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I don't know what to do... - October 9th 2009, 12:15 PM

Hi Christina,

I am really glad that you have realized that there is a problem with these friends you are hanging around and that you've tried to talk to them about what is going on. That is really the best thing to do, because it is important that they tell you if something is wrong and why they are not including you.

However, I think that if they are ditching you and telling you to shut up when you try and talk about something important then they are not worth your time. Your friends should care about what you have to say and they should be where they say they will be and invite you to sit with them instead of having you search them out. It sounds like they aren't putting any effort into the friendship, and it is probably better to move on.

If your school has any clubs or activities at lunch time, then it would be a good idea to go to them and get involved. Clubs and sports are often the best way to meet people you wouldn't expect in high school and make new friends. Most schools have something going on every day or every second day. Ask around or look at signs posted in your school to tell when the meetings are.

When you talk to the people at the school activities, try asking them questions about what things they like to do. Conversations really work well when you move them along with questions and points they might find interesting. Get the other person talking and add in your own interests and information to what they are saying.

I hope everything goes well for you. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to message me any time.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread