TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bella Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bella

High School Friends - October 10th 2009, 05:24 AM

I don't know where to start really. I graduated from high school this year and I'm now in college. Well, I am young for my age and I should still be in high school, but I went to school early.

Anyways, I have a lot of friends that are Seniors in high school right now, which is around my age group. I spent time with a group of Seniors for a while- like three years to be exact. We would spend every lunch together and we had most classes together- mainly choir. And for the first two years it was all great and amazing being together.

Then my Senior year hit and they were all Juniors and I was focusing on my grades and everything and I guess I strayed off, but I would still chat with them and everything. All of my friends are choir-fanatics like I am, but they were in Conservatory which is a higher choir that you would audition for. I would totally go for it if I wanted to, but I wanted to focus on my studies than on that. So they all got close it seems and I was left behind.

Well after my Senior year, I noticed that I would never get a text nor a call to hang out and then I went to visit my high school today and figured out that I am not their good friend anymore but instead I'm just a friend that they knew and hung out with.

Is that normal or even healthy? I mean I spent all my high school life with them, and it would be horrible to think that I wasted all that time with them when I could have found better friends at the school...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: High School Friends - October 10th 2009, 05:34 AM

I have a feeling that that happens to most people when they leave high school. Ive had senior friends that I've lost touch with because they graduated. It does seem a shame that you dont get to hang out with them at all now, though. Why dont you text them or something, see if they want to? If not, what about making some new friends in college? Congratulations, btw, thats really young to be in college

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bella Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bella

Re: High School Friends - October 10th 2009, 05:40 AM

Thank you. =) Sometimes I wish I was a Senior and never went to school early though. I mean I could still be friends with those people and even make new friends and whatnot. Arg, I might not be making sense right now.

Well during the summer, they haven't gotten a hold of me, but I always get a hold of them somehow. I texted one of my friends who I thought was a good friend of mine and she would always be busy and all and then when I went to visit they weren't excited-- only those that I wasn't good friends with.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: High School Friends - October 10th 2009, 05:48 AM

Aw, well I'm sorry to hear that. I think people just naturally grow apart sometimes, but its not all bad. It kind of gives you an opportunity to start fresh, find some new peeps, you know? Maybe I'm just being very "glass half full", lol. I dunno, personally, the loss of some friends never really bothered me. We're meant to go on!

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

Closed Thread