TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
eyesoffire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My heart is full of fire - October 13th 2009, 01:54 PM

You really know there's something wrong, when you can say "I HATE YOU!" to your family's face without sympathy.

Hi I'm new by the way.

I can honestly regret moving in with my grandparents. This was the worst summer of my life, and I have so much to say to everyone. And some are not very pleasant. For God's sake, I don't even want to go back there. THat place is not a home. when school's out, I don't yearn to go home. I don't smile when I see theri faces. I'm ready to EXPLODE!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: My heart is full of fire - October 13th 2009, 09:40 PM

Hey there and welcome to TeenHelp!
If you ever have any questions about the site or want to chat some time, feel free to send me a message.

I'm sorry that your situation at home has gotten so grim and that you are finding that you are developing a hatred for your family. I'm wondering if you could give a bit more information on what happened over the summer and why you've started feeling this way. These things can be hard to talk about, but it would really help to know some details to give more specific advice.

Have you tried talking to your family about how you feel and what's been going on? Sometimes people can start to act differently or lash out at others when something stressful is going on in their life. Maybe you or some other members of your family are feeling stressed and taking it out negatively on one another.

Try talking to your family and finding out the root cause of what it is they do that makes you angry. There is probably a solution or compromise you could try to make this easier on all of you.

When you feel angry about what someone has done at home, try telling them how you feel. Let them know what it is that upsets you and ask if they could stop or do something else instead.

Feeling like you are going to explode is not a good feeling. I have definitely felt that way before. Maybe you could try doing an activity you enjoy or go for walks to release some of the tension you are experiencing. Go for a jog or sit and write for a while. Make sure you have some time in your day to do things you like to do in order to release some of the emotional stress.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My heart is full of fire - October 14th 2009, 12:17 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you feel this way about your family; it can be difficult when you have these feelings about family members. But, a lot of it could be due to the bottled up anger you are not getting out.

I know that I used to hate my family and say mean things but a lot of it was due to the fact that I couldn't express myself. Maybe it is the same for you.

When you are angry at something your family did why don't you talk to them instead of yelling 'I hate you'. Although talking can be hard it is a lot better than saying hurtful things and in the end you will only regret it.

What are some of the reasons you get angry with them? Maybe if you wrote them down and then went and talked to them about it you guys could come to some kind of agreement.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
eyesoffire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My heart is full of fire - October 19th 2009, 02:48 PM

First off I would like to thank you for your concern! It feels great to have people to listen to. I am not going to say things have gotten calmer with fear of something else happening again. I feel better and I don't. It's been really stressful lately and miraculously I've pulled through this emotional storm.

Oh and please excuse my nasty outburst. My strong emotions can really get the best of me sometimes

Talking to them is impossible. Everything is dumped on me. "It's my fault." "I'm doing this to myself" "You're spoil" "Your selfish"

To think these same people say "I love you" to me that I don't even respond to anymore

To care, or to not to care.....

That is the question

Closed Thread