TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Obbessive friend - October 15th 2009, 12:59 PM

My friend keeps reading my blogs and i hate it! She's reallly obbsesive at times, i love her but its doing my head in!
I told her about this site and she read and kept reading until she figured who was. She knows everytthiinnng! But some thoughts and things i dont wanna say and i only want to express on here and know she keeps goin on at me about them!
At college especially its bad, because i dont need a constant reminder of what i wrote. I;ve told her- infact begged- her to leave my blogs and personal questions alone but she wont. How do i make her understand that i ell her eveything, i have no secrets so she doesn't need to worrry and be obsessive.
It might even ruin our friendship. Thinking about it just makes me upset because she doesn't understand how serious i am.

Candy =)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Obbessive friend - October 15th 2009, 09:05 PM

Hi Candy,

It sounds like your friend cares about you a lot, but she might be going a bit overboard with her concern. It could be that she is worried that you don't tell her the things you write and thinks she needs to find things out about you a different way. I understand that you want your personal life too and that you would like the things you write to remain private, but do understand that anything you write online is not private and can be read by others.

I suggest you talk to your friend and ask if she could stop bringing up what you write in your blogs, as you have done already, and let her know that you will keep her updated and would rather speak to her face to face.

If you want to remain anonymous, what I suggest you do is make an alternate TH account or stick to HelpLINK or LiveHelp if you want to ask something that you would like to keep private.

I hope that everything goes well with your friend.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Umberto Offline
Average Joe

Re: Obbessive friend - October 16th 2009, 12:14 AM

I dont mean to sound like an arsehole but if you want it to be private - dont write it in a blog.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Candy Offline
U think it, but i'll ink it...
Not a n00b

Name: Candy

Re: Obbessive friend - October 17th 2009, 11:41 AM

Thanks Strider, i spoke to her agin and she's seen this post now and is gonna try and tone it down.
Umberto, i completely aggree, and its not that i want it to be private, it's that i dont want her to bring it up in school and she should respect that. She has now though- a little more.

Thanx for the advice

Candy =)

Closed Thread