TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
3ofHearts Offline
of Wonderland.
Not a n00b

My family is going to drive me crazy. - October 18th 2009, 03:05 AM

So here's the layout:

Father: Raised me with my sister, a step-brother and step mother. Things went horribly wrong with drugs, financial issues and I fell into suicidal depression age 7-8. He was slightly abusive. (Oh yeah, my step mother cheated and used worse then he did, so her son got taken away but no one thought to even look at us.)

Talking to him is one sided, he never listen no matter how many people ask him to.

Mother: Has mental and physical disorders. When I was a really little kid she had no control of her emotions. (Very literally, she didn't see anyone about his for a long time.) She was involved in a bit of prostitution. After we left my dad for a summer, she continued using. I found her in bed with another man three weeks after leaving my dad, age five. I am currently living with her.

To sum her up, she's in an institution right now and takes her meds most of the time. She's unemployed. Her views are pretty 1960's Christian, aka, we don't really have much in common.

Sister: Used to be my role model, then turned anarchist punk. She's very ignorant about the world around her and thinks in a very black and white "good and evil" sense. We can't agree on anything. She thinks I'm a selfish bitch.

Other siblings (Half-siblings): They're cool, but they kind of avoid me like the plague.

The combination of all of this, is driving me insane...I pretty much take care of myself and my mother. It's like living with a stranger, who really doesn't care who you are. They only talk to you when it's about your sister. (Or when they're yelling at you.)

I don't get enough sleep, eat regular, and am always horribly stressed out. I'm cold, anti-social and can't tolerate most people. People are ignorant and judgmental, and I really would rather just spend my days with books. It seems like even the people who I should be able to trust back stab me or turn away in disgust once they get a glimpse of what my family is like. I'm AM DIFFERENT FROM THEM.

Also, as an additional note: Every single therapist I've ever had has been a back stabbing liar. They break my trust or/and don't help me at all. Sometimes they just make me worse.

Anyways, I could go on for hours more but I think I will stop here. I just need some advice, what the hell am I supposed to do?

“There is no truth. There is only perception.” - Gustave Flaubert

“Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.”

“I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then”
-Lewis Carol

"Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."-Zhuangzi

Closed Thread