TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
king toka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Need advice with awkward relationship - October 23rd 2009, 02:41 AM

i have read some posts, and i noticed that pretty much everyone is a girl, but that isn't the point, i could really use some advice with my friend.
first of all, my name is Sam, im in 10th grade. my friends name, which i have the awkward relationship with, is Seth.
Me and Seth have been friends pretty much all of our lives, i guess you could say we were bestfriends. a little before 9th grade started, me and seth started smoking weed along with a bunch of our other friends. we had some super great times. during the mid to end of 9th grade, our relationship was getting kind of awkward. to be specific, we would sometimes have long periods where no one talked, but mainly our friendship just didnt feel the same. it has now been about 6 months since we have had our old and original friendship which i really miss. i talked to my dad about this and he said maybe i should just confront him with our awkward relationship. would that be a good idea? btw i mentioned that sentence about how we started smoking weed because i thought maybe weed changed our relationship...? that might sound really dumb to people that dont smoke, or just in general but i'm pretty much desperate to find out whats going on.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alisha aka Summer

Re: Need advice with awkward relationship - October 23rd 2009, 02:56 AM

When you start smoking weed friend ships do change trust me. And people meet new friends, and hang out with them and smoke, and eventually they become best friends. Then a few months later they will meet a new person and so on. Trust me. I had/have two really close guy friends, Zach and Tyrone, and then my best friend Jenny. It used to always be us four, smoking weed blah blah. I had to go travel for a month, and when I came back there were more people to our group! Its still fun, but it brings more drama, fights, and Tyrone is actually now best friends with anthony instead of Zach. Except that is starting to go back to normal.

I cant relate to the awkwardness, I would just suggest just trying to make it less awkward, maybe one day mention it like your dad said (but when the time is right) and see whats going on. I hope it gets better. Its hard to lose a best guy friend, I know.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Need advice with awkward relationship - October 23rd 2009, 03:09 AM

Yeah, weed CAN change things a lot. Me and my friend started smoking together, running around and meeting up with other people to smoke with, then everyone starts "quitting" of course... If it really bothers you, just talk to him. I just let my friend go, even though I don't think that's the reason we're not friends anymore, things change sometimes.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
king toka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need advice with awkward relationship - October 23rd 2009, 03:30 AM

trying to get control: thats exactly what i have been trying to do, find the right time. but i end up pussyin out every time. when im layin in bed staring at the ceiling i say "it wont be that hard, just say it" but once up lookin at him i forget all about that.

iliketomoveit: if this situation frustrated me that much, i would let him go. but we have been friends so long it would just be weird. and were in the same crew of people.

to both of ya: while were on this topic of weed, smoking has kind of gottin boring since our friendship got awkward, cause us two would always toke together and have some killer times but then shit got awkward. or it might be that my tolerance is too high and my fun days of smokin weed are over(ya know those days where you would take a hit of dank and be trippin your ass off). i think i would enjoy tokin more if i was able to smoke with my new best friend matt. see, cause we got caught the first couple times we did it by his mom who happens to be a crazy anti drug bitch. and now we rarley smoke and hardly even get to chill cause his mom pretty much hates me.

Closed Thread