TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Living Fractal
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Clayton

Parents. Nothing special - November 9th 2009, 02:55 AM

So, some of you might know some of the past stuff that's happened with me and my parents, some not. Pretty much, they don't listen to me or understand what I say. For one, I'd be crying in my room and they'd notice and not give a shit.

Also, just tonight, new to me, I'm supposedly not allowed to have a girlfriend, even though they have full knowledge that I'm with a girl right now. So, pretty much I go behind my stepmom's back and be with this girl, or I have to go through yet another breakup that they've caused, this being the third. I'm sick of them invading my life and ruining my relationships.

They've also promised counseling. That promise was made about 2 months ago; nothing's happened.

There's constant screaming in my house. I wake up to screaming, I fall asleep to screaming. I've gotten charged with simple battery for pushing my stepmom because she was trying to rip my phone from my hands. I've almost ran away. I'm fucking trapped here. I can't stay with my friends because all of my friends are girls, and that'd just be way too awkward for both me and their parents.

Grandma's died too.

They've scarred me enough, and they seek to destroy another pure relationship I've been needing so desperately. I hate them. I want out of this fucking household.

They've humiliated me publicly and almost broke up me and this girl's relationship before. They don't treat me as a PERSON. I have no say for myself. Me and my dad were perfectly happy before she moved in. She doesn't give a shit about me, and my dad is starting to not give one either.

ProfessionalDreamer

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Parents. Nothing special - November 9th 2009, 03:26 AM

Hey-

Is there any chance you could stay with a friend for at least a night? You could sleep in another room and everything, usually parents can be fairly understanding around it if you talk to them about what's going on.

It sounds like your house could be deemed as emotionally abusive, you do have a chance out. Why don't you talk to a school counselor or something of the sort and they could have someone like child services or something of that sort check out your house and if they think it's not healthy they will find you other living arrangements. It's at least an option.

What if you found the counselor and called and made the appointment? Then they wouldn't have much of an excuse if they already told you that counseling was able to happen.

Sorry I'm not much help tonight, I'll try to write more later!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Living Fractal
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Clayton

Re: Parents. Nothing special - November 9th 2009, 01:10 PM

Ugh, I wouldn't have a chance with reporting for emotional abuse, if it ever did come to me doing that. First off, my stepmom has been working in the legal field (specifically juvenile court cases...) for a while now, and she's going to law school as we speak. Second, I have a feeling that I might regret it if I ever did that, mainly due to the fear that my parents would lash out in anger towards me and probably ruin my life even more.

I might ask around and see if I could stay with a friend for maybe one or two nights. I think I need it.

To be honest, there are some very rare times where me and my stepmom get along together. Those are becoming fewer and farther inbetween. I just want all of this gone and my life back to the way it was.

ProfessionalDreamer

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Parents. Nothing special - November 11th 2009, 04:19 PM

Hey Clayton, sorry for the bad situation. Ummmm, I say talk to your dad since it seems your closer to him. If your step-mom gets angry at you or begins shouting / screaming at you, don't react. Because reacting will simply add more trouble. So talk to your father privately, ask him if you and him can go for a drive somewhere calm like a park and tell him how much you are hurting. Because the anger you are feeling is emotional anger. So tell your dad exactly how you feel, just between him and you. As for your step-mom, just steer clear from trouble with her, if you see she needs help just help her out. I know you are frustrated, but reacting to anger with anger only breeds more anger and trouble. Talk your dad as I have said and see how the situation goes from there.

Closed Thread