TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxJoolay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Julie

Question Jealous of friend? - November 13th 2009, 06:03 AM

Well, I'm jealous of my friend. She's really pretty, smart, and everyone seems to get along with her. She's just you know, the 'it' girl. I've never had a boyfriend before, I'm not very great looking, but she's had many boyfriends that have treated her with respect and kindness. Should I be jealous? Or am I just being stupid? She likes me, she loves me as a friend, I love her too, but, you know...I'm not fake or anything, I really love her as a friend too, if that made any sense. ^^;;;

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

November 14th 2009, 07:41 PM

yur beautiful on the inside, yuv got a bettr personality. soem ppl just hav their beauty on the outside is all. and as for the bfs, 'he' just hasnt found yoo yet. be patient, i waited 17 years b4 i found my first bf. btw, im jamie-17. nice too mett yoo, good lcuk.

and yoo shouldnt be jealous or stupid, no one is stupid. yur just noticing that her good characteristics r comin out more earlier than yurs is all. yur beautiful too, good lcuk.

Last edited by Strider; November 15th 2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Merging double post.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Jealous of friend? - November 15th 2009, 07:17 PM

Hi Julie,

I understand that you are jealous of your friend right now because it seems like she has it all. I think it's perfectly normal to be a bit jealous, but whatever you do try not to let it come between your friendship. It sounds like you are both really good friends and you should keep it that way.

I know boyfriends seem like a big deal, but frankly you have a lot of time to meet the right guy. Most guys still are not fully mature at thirteen years old, so you are probably better off waiting a while. I know you want to be treated nicely by boys, but just give yourself time to meet the right one. There are plenty of guys out there who would love to get to know you and be in a relationship with you, but maybe they just are not emotionally ready yet.

It sounds like you are just as beautiful and smart as your friend. Try to focus on the things you like about yourself, instead of trying to compare yourself to others. You are a wonderful person, and you shouldn't let other people get in the way of that.

Take care.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: Jealous of friend? - November 15th 2009, 07:59 PM

Hey,
I don't think anybody wants to be jealous, but it's a very natural feeling and it doesn't make you a bad person. It's totally understandable, but it's important to remember that some of the things she has aren't really essential to happiness, like having a boyfriend. You can be happy without a boyfriend. I'm sure you're smart, too, and beauty is something everyone judges differently. I'm sure you'll meet someone who thinks you're beautiful and wouldn't ask you to change. Try not to compare yourself to her. It could bring down your self-esteem, and that really is one of the most precious, powerful things you can have. If you love yourself, you won't feel jealous. You won't need to, because you'll know you're a great person.
If you feel your friend's bringing you down, perhaps you should talk about it. It doesn't sound like she's doing anything deliberate, though. Just try not to let it damage your friendship and remember, everybody's beautiful in their own way.

Closed Thread