TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thischick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Mom Problems. - November 14th 2009, 03:42 PM

So ever since my grandmother died it's been non stop fighting with my mother. Things will be good for like a week or so and then it's a battle of words. And her verbal abusing me. In some way. First she starts by saying I make her my slave. I'm lazy and I never do anything. And that I'm never gonna go anywhere in life. Then we just don't talk for a while. And then she'll see me go to eat something and she'll say "Do you really think you should eat that? You're getting pretty fat." I'm only 16! Who the hell tells a 16yr old that's only maybe 15-20lbs over weight that their fat?! Oh and a 16yr old who's just trying to build up her self esteem?! I swear, sometime it's like she only wanted me so she can make me do things she doesn't want to do. She's always given me so much responsibility it's crazy. Like what 8 year old do you know that has to do their own wash? And everyone always say "Oh I love your mom." "She's so nice." "Wow you're lucky your mom is so cool." But it's like they don't see what I see. And I just don't know what to do anymore. Because it's gotten so bad that she'll tell me we don't have money to buy me a $15 pair of jeans and then go spend $80 on a carton of cigarettes. And I guess I can understand that she's addicted but come on. I'm your daughter for crying out loud.

She's completely killed my self esteem. And she won't let me go see a therapist for my stress & school phobia because she thinks "I'm stronger then all this." And I'm so lost. I have no idea what to do. I'm sorry this post is so long but I don't know where else to turn.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Mom Problems. - November 14th 2009, 06:59 PM

hi thischick. im jamie. im seventeen, and i dotn really get along with my mom well at all either. its not as bad as yur situation, but i feel for yoo. i think yoo should go see yur school therapist or school counselor. if yur mom doesnt care enough about yoo to giv yoo the support and lov yoo need, especially at such a difficut age as this, then yoo need ask somewhere else. rememeber, there is always soemone there to help. whther yo reaslise it or not, whther yur mom cares or not. if she doesnt rest assured, soemoen else does. yur nevr alone in anything. <3 hop it helps.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
thischick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Mom Problems. - November 16th 2009, 02:41 PM

Hi Jamie. I've tried talking to the people at my school, and they've met my mom so they assume I'm over reacting. Things are getting better now. But I know it's only for about a week. And after that, I'm back to square one. And I'm honestly scare. She's the major reason for my cutting. And I don't wanna get back to that :/

you just can't take the me, out of me. and that is what i need the world to see.

Closed Thread