TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jaimelu Offline
Not a n00b

Unhappy Ruined Christmas - December 3rd 2009, 03:46 AM

Okay, so my little sister Ryan (who most of the time I really trust) asked me the other day what I was getting for my other littel sister Rachael's christmas present. I'm going to get Rach some semi-permanent purple hair dye I know she'd love. So I told Ry, telling her for the love of god not to tell. Ry said okay and told me what SHE was getting Rach. We left the room in an excited mood; we both knew Rach would love our presents. Today, my little sister Ry (who I had told the present idea to) had told my other littel sister Rach (who I'm getting the hair dye for) what I'm getting Rach (hair dye girl) for christmas. I had found out becasue I had been eavesdropping outside my bedroom door (we share a room). I haerd them and told my dad. I had a hard time getting any response from him at all;it was like he didn't care. When I finally got him to do sth, sth to punish Ry, he called her downstairs to us. He told her that she shouldnt have doen that and that as her punishment, he was going to tell her what I was getting her for christmas, you know, to spoil the magic and suprise of the gift. She didn't even seem to mind. After she left, I told my dad not to tell her what I had gotten her because that would be sinking to her level and being just as horrible as she was and that I would be just as mad at him. He said fine and I went upstairs. I told Ry that I had convinced dad not to tell her what her present was, she sadi fine, like she didn't care. I feel so mad at her, like I could never hate them like they hate me( belive me, its true, they do hate me, even my parents know it), but I couldn't bear to take her christmas surprise away from her like that, to spoil her christmas gift from me. I'm still so mad at her and I don;t know how to make her realise how hurt I am. I'm not speaking to her but she doesn't seem to care; niether of them do. I want to be a good big sister to them, especially at christmas, but they did sth lik this, and that was a very low blow. I feel like I should have let dad punish her, becasue I know she deserved it, but I didnt want tmy baby sister to have a ruined christams.

-sad sis

also, as an extra point, i meant grieving as the trigger, like really upset and hurt, not death.

Last edited by Strider; December 5th 2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Taking out triggering prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Ruined Christmas - December 3rd 2009, 01:37 PM

The most important point I want to make here is that Christmas isn't about the presents, it's about the family and the togetherness etc. Don't let the fact that she knows what her present is ruin the day for you or anyone else, if it seemed like your dad didn't care that it upset you it might've been because he understands that in the long run it isn't the presents you remember when you think about Chistmases past. By choosing not to talk to them because of this I think that you are demonstrating less maturity than you're capable of showing. I'm sorry if this came across as blunt.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Ruined Christmas - December 3rd 2009, 07:13 PM

This really shouldn't be a big matter, move past it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Ruined Christmas - December 5th 2009, 04:04 PM

Hi there,

I don't think there is too much you can do now since the surprise is ruined other than try to get past it. You sister could have told your other sister because she was really excited about it and just couldn't hold it in. I know that doesn't justify it, but little girls often have a hard time keeping things a surprise.

If you haven't bought your sisters' gifts just yet, then maybe you could change them and get something different so then your idea isn't spoiled. Save the other gifts for their birthdays or another occasion. That way you can make sure that Christmas is still a surprise.

I hope everything works out and that you are able to speak to your sister again soon. I'm sure she didn't mean to ruin Christmas for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread