TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Keebaxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Oh the joys of my parents. - December 20th 2009, 05:21 AM

So, I'm currently 15. About a year ago, I got a boyfriend. I told my parents about him and they agreed that I was allowed to have a boyfriend. However, my parents never allow me to see him. It's been two months and he's seen me twice, both at my house, while my parents sat at a table across from us. It's slightly....awkward.

Not only do my parents not only allow me to see him, they don't allow me to see anyone. They lock me in the house ALL THE TIME. I'm going to go insane. I don't know what to do with myself locked in one house, ALL THE TIME. I could just sneak out but...I really don't feel like dealing with the consequences after.

Now my boyfriend, he's amazing. He's smart, responsible and respectable. I'm terrified of losing the one good thing that's happened to me. He's eventually gonna get bored and dump me. He goes out all the time and he sees his ex more than he sees me. It drives me INSANE.

Lately, this has been bothering me more than usual. It's effecting my sleep and school because I'm that afraid of losing him. I don't know what to do. It's making me sick, I cry over it all the time. I know that sounds really extreme but it's REALLY bothering me.

Any advice on how i can possibly get my parents to let me out?

oh and some background information :
- two years ago I did drugs and shit
- one year ago I got in trouble with this guy who was older than me
- both of those were out of curiosity...because I was never allowed out
- my parents are west indian....frightening people
- I have a history of depression, I'm bipolar, and I have A.D.D
- my parents HATE eachother, they fight all the time, physically and verbally.
- I get along fairly well with my father, my mother and I can't sit in the same room without fighting
- my mother believes she's better than everyone and refuses to listen to anyone/anything
- I REALLY need help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: ~Sebrine~

Re: Oh the joys of my parents. - December 28th 2009, 03:05 PM

Keeba, you and me, we need to talk.

you'll get out of it, trust me.

just a few more years.

The Darker the NIGHT,
The brighter the dawn.
The longer the darkness lingers,
The more beautiful the light will come.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Oh the joys of my parents. - December 28th 2009, 05:18 PM

Well, first off find something to do as you are in the house so that you can vent the frustration and the emotions. Secondly talk to your parents and tell them how they are making your life. Remember they may be just protecting you from the bad things out there that affect teenagers.

For your boyfriend, don't hang your life on him. You are still young and he is a boy, so things may change one time and it isn't wise to let your whole world rest on him.

And from your background information, it does seem that they are protecting you. So for this you need to sit down with your parents and talk and also go out together. Spend some time together doing something e.g go for a movie or a restaurant or somewhere else. But this seems to be a family issue which will only be solved by talking and being together.

Closed Thread