TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Exclamation My "Best Friend" (please respond) - December 23rd 2009, 09:52 PM

So i have a "Best Friend" so called.
I mean, i really care about her. I help her with anything she asks to help her with. I helped her get into our high school with the aplications and all that stuff. I mean i really helped her.

Naturaly, I am a good listener, and i listen to her about her about her mom's boyfriend, her crush, everything...
But if i for instance, want to share somethig with a girlfriend, she dosn't care.

Like when me and my bf kissed for the first time and i just had to share it. I went to her. I was all excited and all. And when i told her what i want to tell her she just said "oh, about him? i don't care".
I felt so hurt.

And yesterday i gave her her christmas present. I got her a card and a toy doggie and a bag of chocolates. I like giving friends present cuz i like to see their reaction.
So i was all smiley last morning when i gave her the bag in homeroom. And she opened it and her face was all crooked and wierd. And she was like "oh... ok... sure". No thank you, nothig... I mean, i don't care if she gave me anythig back (which she didn't), that isn't what presents are about to me. But she could have at least smiled. And i came home upset and my mom asked what was wrong. So i told her and she didn't say anything.

The same night this girl calls me. I was so upset, i didn't pick up the first 2 times she called and the third time my mom said "Mel, pick up. Maybe she wants to say sorry, you never know" so i did. And guess what? she asked me to do her homework for science. I said "i'll look it up" (which i didn't).

So this morning she got mad about me not doing it.
WHAT KIND OF A FRIEND IS THAT?
Some advice would be great,
thanks a lot
Melody
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kristin

Re: My "Best Friend" (please respond) - December 23rd 2009, 10:26 PM

I am going to be brutally honest with my opinion, so please don't get offended. She is an unappreciative jerk. If someone tells you straight to your face that they don't care about something you are happy about and does not even say thank you for a present, then that's not a reflection on your friendship, that's a reflection on her negative character. And for her to have the nerve to ask you to do her homework after that is totally shameless. She is taking advantage of your kindness, which is a rotten, miserable thing to do. I highly advise you to break this "friendship" (if she even considers it one) off. I'm sorry that you have to go through that, I really am, but hey, there are plenty of actual friends out there. =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My "Best Friend" (please respond) - December 23rd 2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofsecrets View Post
I am going to be brutally honest with my opinion, so please don't get offended. She is an unappreciative jerk. If someone tells you straight to your face that they don't care about something you are happy about and does not even say thank you for a present, then that's not a reflection on your friendship, that's a reflection on her negative character. And for her to have the nerve to ask you to do her homework after that is totally shameless. She is taking advantage of your kindness, which is a rotten, miserable thing to do. I highly advise you to break this "friendship" (if she even considers it one) off. I'm sorry that you have to go through that, I really am, but hey, there are plenty of actual friends out there. =)
Totally agree. You DON'T need a "friend" like that. There are plenty of other people who are appreciative and this girl is not. Unfortunately, people like her never change, so even if you tell her how you feel, she's probably dismiss it. I'd suggest staying away from her and finding or hanging out with other people. You don't need to have a negative aura around yourself. Everyone deserves to be happy around loved ones.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
The Kira Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Melody

Re: My "Best Friend" (please respond) - December 23rd 2009, 11:33 PM

I know what you guys mean, but i have no clue how. I would feel awful if i hurt her(even if she isn't worth hurting over) adn i don't know how to break it to her.
Today she did something awful. My friend Sammy's mom is VERY sick and she is spreading a rumor that Sam plans to kill herself. I am really starting to hate her, but she considers her friend and i would really apriciate some advice on how to break the friendship...
PLease?
  Send a message via AIM to The Kira  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: My "Best Friend" (please respond) - December 24th 2009, 12:54 AM

Tell her that you don't want to be friends with her because she's being so selfish. Okay, don't say it like that but something to get the point across that to be your friend she has to at least act like she appreciates you. You deserve better, Melody.
If you want to talk, you can feel free to PM me anytime. =]
Emily

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
Closed Thread