TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theatre=life Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hillary

Still a Friend? - December 26th 2009, 11:34 PM

This is kind of a rant but at the same time i'm asking for advice.

My best friend who I have known for more than 11 years has kind of just stop talking to me. When we were little I would be over at her house almost every other weekend and when her sister had a tennis tourniment I would be invited to go with her. But in 7th grade she started hanging out with different people and we talked less and less. 8th grade we still would go over to each other's house. But this past summer she invited me over once but i get the feeling that she had invited people before she invited me but they couldn't come so she invited me over. Usually we would text back and forth during the summer but the only time she would texted me was when she what to know if I would do a drivers ed class with her. I think the only reason she even did that was because at the time only us two had our permits. When school started she came up to me and asked me if I could do it with her. By this point she had changed the month that we were going to do it and I couldn't. I haven't talked to her since even at school where we have the same study halls twice a day.

Is it worth trying to figure out why she has abandoned me or do i just forget about her and go on with my other friends?
  Send a message via AIM to theatre=life Send a message via MSN to theatre=life Send a message via Yahoo to theatre=life  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Still a Friend? - December 27th 2009, 07:08 PM

Hi Hillary,

It's unfortunate that you've had this separation with your friend. It really sucks to lose contact with someone so close to you and realize that they are spending more time with other people. But at the same time it is also something that often happens, especially with teenagers. It sounds like both you and your friend have met other people and started hanging around with different groups.

If you want to rekindle the friendship, then talking to her and spending time with her at study hall would be a good start. Find out what she's been doing lately and what she is interested in. Maybe both of you are still into the same stuff. See if she wants to hang out a bit sometime and maybe meet some of her friends. There's nothing wrong with getting her group and your group together to hang out.

There is also the choice to move on. If you would rather just stay with the group of friends that you have now and not bother bringing up past events, then that is fine too. Going your own way is not a bad thing.

Take some time to think about this and decide what you want to do. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Still a Friend? - December 28th 2009, 04:31 PM

Agreed with Nat. It may be that she just naturally made those other friends. It may not be something malicious. So talk to her and try and arrange to do something together, like a movie night and talk about how far apart you have grown.

Closed Thread