TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

All we do is argue. - January 28th 2009, 01:10 PM

Okay, well...basically I've realized lately that my family is a big part of a lot of my problems.

The thing is that whenever I'm with my mom and my sister they are always in such lousy moods, and they both take it out on me 24/7. Example: My day will have gone okay for once, and then I get in the car and they both start jumping on me about things that I did wrong. Forgot half my homework, forgot to do this and that...or just whatever. They make mistakes too, but they treat me like all they mistakes they make are my fault, along with my own. They're always in bad moods, especially my mom, and I try to avoid them both but it doesn't really work to often. A lot of times I give my mom a hard time about going to school, but I never really think I'm that idiotic. But she gets extremely angry with me. Like the time I was in the middle of getting ready and apparently I kept complaining about going to school and had a bad attitude towards everything. So my mom pushed me down on the floor in my room, and then she just got in the car and drove off. Another time we were in the parking lot at school and I just told her that I couldn't go in. I know that's dumb but we'd had a whole fiasco back at home, and my face was really red from crying and I knew everyone was going to make fun of me when I went in. So my mom gets mad and then drives off, basically hitting me every second in the front seat of the car. Then she sent me to my room when we got back home she made me sit in my room for three hours.

Sorry that's so long. But basically everything is just better when my family isn't around. And then I wonder if it's a problem I have. Because a lot of times when I'm by myself just online, I'm completely fine. Not all the time, but a lot. But when my friends or family come into the picture, I feel like I just want to kill myself. Is this normal? And what do I do? Sorry to waste anyone's time, but I guess I kinda just need some help with this.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: All we do is argue. - January 28th 2009, 04:53 PM

Hey Amanda. I'm sorry things are so confusing right now. But, don't worry about things not being normal? No one can really say what 'normal' there is for feelings. I'm sure it isn't abnormal. It's very possible that the excess stress from family and friends can ruin a potential good day. As for your mom, I don't think she's supposed to be hitting you. Definitely not to the extent you were explaining. Maybe you can suggest family counseling and work this out as a group? You don't deserve what she's doing to you. Is there someone you trust to tell this to? Someone that could, maybe, give you a place to stay? Personally, I wouldn't confront your mom, from what I read, it sounds as if she has a temper and I wouldn't want to get involved with that. But, don't let this just sit around and develop. I would tell someone. It isn't right. If you need someone to talk to, I'm only a PM away. Take care. :]

~Stay strong and have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: All we do is argue. - January 28th 2009, 04:57 PM

Sometimes, it will never get better. that's really sad to say. You have to tough it out until you have a way out. If not that, you can go to family counseling, try to calm down, change the way you act around them. And if it comes to it, be fake.

The night of my 18th birthday I moved out, and things have been better. They gave me stress that I didn't deserve and treated me like crap. It was to the point where I wanted to escape.

I haven't moved back in. And I don't regret it.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: All we do is argue. - January 28th 2009, 06:00 PM

Hey Amanda,

Your mom definitely should not be hitting you like that, and it's not fair for your mom and sister to blame things on you. It's really difficult to deal with, so don't worry about being 'normal' or having 'abnormal' feelings. None of that matters. What matters is you sticking through it and staying strong, okay?

I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to a school counselor about this. They are there to help students- about anything and everything! Sign up for an appointment and I'm sure they can talk you through some really good suggestions. If you don't feel comfortable with this, then I suggest you stay strong and ignore what your mom is saying to you. If she hits you again, phone someone about it. You can report it or another person can, either way authorities can help you get out of this situation.

Feel free to PM me anytime you want to talk.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: All we do is argue. - January 28th 2009, 09:35 PM

I'm 21 years old and I still have to deal with this kind of shit from my family. They don't understand that I'm depressed.

I hope that won't be the case for you though. Maybe the advice from the other posters in this thread will help.

Closed Thread