TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LetsRock Offline
Average Joe

Name: Hanna

Exclamation My parents think Im a horrible person - January 7th 2009, 11:00 AM

I posted this on helping teens aswell, but didnt get anywhere there. [Also not sure of forum, so feel free to move]

To make a long story short, Im failing school and I cant tell my parents cause my dad will freak out, hes totally not understanding about this at all.
Please dont tell me to get a tutor cause thats too late already I messed up my last few tests and now it cant be changed anymore.
So voila, Im failing school and my parents are gonna kill me.
That kinda made me... mentaly unstable?
Like I get really cross with my parents, cause they wouldnt take me out of this school (I live in Switzerland and have a different school system, I dont have to go to this school) cause it basically broke me.
And now Im failing cause its really difficult and I cant keep up and honestly I blame them for me being depressive cause I told my mum I wanted to kill myself and nobody even bothered to do anything about it. They wont listen!
So now my parents are basically saying Im acting like a bitch etc..
Like they said if my relativs new what I was really like they wouldnt let me visit anymore etc and that Im only nice if I need something and otherwise I behave like a complete cow and that my aim in life is to make their life miserable (their words!)

I dont know what to do, I mean obviously Im a complete asshole!

I dont know what to do! My parents are gonna kill me, when my dad freaks out, it scares the living shit out of me!
When we get our reports I swear Im not coming home anymore...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ivanna_B_Me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Mary

Re: My parents think Im a horrible person - January 7th 2009, 11:06 AM

Hun it's okay ... and the thing about school is you have to do it for you not for your parents.. because who is it really going to help... you ... they are not going to benefit from it... hun it'll be fine i got ragged up on so many time.. I even had a ern filled with my dogs ashes thrown at me.... you'll live.... Everything will be fine hun...and if not you can always talk to us...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lee Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lee Awesome

Re: My parents think Im a horrible person - January 7th 2009, 07:12 PM

I'm going to tell you what you don't want to hear. Tell your parents NOW. Don't wait for your report card. Your father is going to behave the same in either situation so instead of worrying and waiting you may as well get it over and done with.

To bring up your grade, you could see your teachers and ask for extra credit work, if they're offering. Keep studying even if you think you are going to fail. Hand in all homework, and go do any incompleted assignments now.

Closed Thread