TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Roommate - January 30th 2009, 12:17 AM

Hey Everyone,
I'm going to rant about my roommate right now! I'm really fed up with her. I'm in second year of University, and I'm living in a townhouse with her. Here's the problem: she has this friend that is ALWAYS at our place. Everyday. All the time. This friend doesn't even go to our university, she goes to another university about an hour away (her school as been on strike, therefore she has been here for about 2 months). When I first met them they came off as just best friends. But then I started to think it was something more. After a couple weeks I found out that they are infact, lesbians. I have nothing against gay people, but it makes me kind of uncomfortable because neither of them came out and told me they were gay, I found out when I came home one day and heard them having sex in the bedroom beside mine. Anyways, it makes me really mad that my roommates friend (or girlfriend, I guess) is always here. I'm paying to live here, and she's not...yet she uses our water, makes a mess in our kitchen, takes up room with all her stuff, uses toilet paper and stuff that I buy. It just bugs me. Also, the two of them pile the kitchen table with their stuff, and are always hogging the couches in our living room. And the girlfriend just used the shower and now we have no hot water left. AHH! I'm just so frustrated. My roommate never asked me if it was ok if her friend stayed with us, she all of the sudden was just here all the time.
Anyways, I was just looking for a place to release this anger and frustration I have built up!! Looks like I found it

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Roommate - January 30th 2009, 08:16 AM

ah, that sounds rather annoying! i guess all you can do is talk to your roomate and tell her how you feel. it probably will be very awkward, because if its her gf shes probably not going to appreciate your point of view. is there any way you could move out and live with someone else? or they could move somewhere else and you could get a new roomate? hm, well it seems that the problem might kinda solve itself when the girlfriend goes back to her uni, but in the mean time you may just have to grin and bear it. also, if shes using your stuff without paying, maybe suggest to your roomate that you dont mind if she stays but she could at least pay some rent?

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Roommate - January 30th 2009, 08:19 AM

Having been with roommates, I'm going to tell you to talk to her. Issues like this have a chance of being resolved if you actually let them be known.

Like you said, your roommate never made sure it was OK and you have all the right to bring it up with her. it is highly possible that she honestly doesn't see it as an issue, since she hasn't heard any complaints for you.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Roommate - January 30th 2009, 09:31 AM

2 months is a long time and it probably violates your guys' lease. Are you both on the lease? She should be paying rent after two months and so you might be able to complain to the landlord. Yes, the roommate pays rent but she is not the only person paying rent.

Beware of the cats.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: Roommate - January 30th 2009, 08:24 PM

You should definitely talk to your roommate about it. It was really inconsiderate of her to not ask and 2 months is a long time for someone to be staying there without your consent too. Talk to her and explain how you're feeling.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
Closed Thread