TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shake.it Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cally

my little sister.. - January 30th 2009, 11:26 AM

I'm in grade 12 and my sister is in grade 9 and ever since she started high school i think she has a major attitude problem now. shes so rude to me and my mom and she always acts like shes better then me.. my mom doesnt believe me but i can tell when my sister is laughing AT someone and when shes acting superior to someone. i guess im just sick of her being a bitch and whenever her bf is around (even on the phone with him) shes always so rude.. even calling me flat while we were all sitting eating lunch. i just cant take it anymore ive tried bitching back but or just ignoring her, but believe me it doesnt work with her.

anyone else have a problem kind of like this? cause i dont know what to do anymore!

lol thanks

be what you want, just as long as its real

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: my little sister.. - January 30th 2009, 12:30 PM

Hi Cally,

Wow- that does sound annoying. But this is also the kind of problem and attitude that will one day blow up in your sister's face. If she is rude to people, then in the end she will lose friends or miss out on some important things in life. When it comes to her saying things to and about you, then you should probably have a talk with her and tell her that you don't think it's right for her to say things like that to you. It sounds like she hangs out with you and some of your friends at lunch, so maybe if she doesn't listen to you when you explain that you don't like what she is saying about you then you and your friends could eat somewhere else and leave her with her own friends.

These things settle themselves out over time, and eventually she will find herself in a bad place if she doesn't fix them herself. But it's important for her to let her learn this on her own. Challenge what she says when it's about you, but other than that, let her learn her own lessons.

All the best to you.
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: my little sister.. - January 30th 2009, 12:41 PM

Hey Cally!
I know how you feel. My sister was like that when she entered 9th grade in high school and I had to yell at her and tell her how things worked to set her straight. Keep working at it and if she keeps at it ignore her. And I mean really ignore her. Let her know you won't put up with it anymore. Good luck. :]

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
shake.it Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cally

Re: my little sister.. - January 30th 2009, 12:45 PM

thanks guys! i'll try that out

be what you want, just as long as its real

(#5 (permalink)) Old
asyoulikeit Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Marissa

Re: my little sister.. - January 30th 2009, 12:47 PM

I don't blame you for feeling really annoyed about it...that would drive me crazy too, and it has- when my younger brother started going to my high school it seemed like he abandoned respect for everyone including me. It sounds a little bit like she's trying to test how much you'll take before you break down/snap; you need to show her that (1) it's not ok and (2) you have your own life and couldn't care less. If you need to fake the second one, that's fine. I agree with the suggestions of taking your friends away with you at lunch, see if that affects her. She will learn eventually and whether it's you who gets through to her or something else happens, she will most likely come crawling back to you when she grows up a little. Best of luck, dear.

Closed Thread