TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kelly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelly

Run Baby Run - February 2nd 2009, 07:06 PM

I love my family, but I cannot take they're emotional and mental abuse. My parents are great parents in the sense they've never laid a hand on me. I've been wanting to run away for a long long time of course that was me being irrational. I've thought this over for a very very long time. I am not a stronge person, no. My family has weakend me I can't do this alone. So my bestfriend, my boyfriend, and I are planning to run. We all have really bad home lives. The thing is he moved two years ago to illinois ): So we need to meet up. I'm being rational, this is my only choice left. I've tried talking it out with them and a school counsiler. Any tips? Oh I live in NY by the way ): I need this to work, it's my last hope.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: Run Baby Run - February 2nd 2009, 08:45 PM

Hi there Kelly,

On here we can't give you tips on how to run away, so instead I'm going to try and go over some other options with you.

Have you tried talking to your parents about this? You should tell them exactly what they are doing, how it is affecting you, and how they can stop.
When talking to the school counselor, did you tell them all of what your parents have done and how it has affected you? What kind of tips did they suggest to work this out?
Are there any other family members that your parents would allow you to stay with for a while instead? That way you are still with family. It is dangerous to move out on your own so young.

What you need to remember is that people sometimes need more than one reminder. Try telling your parents that you don't like it when they say those things to you, and make sure that you tell them after every thing that makes you feel bad. It's important that you go over this with them.

Running away is not the only option- ever. There are other ways to go about this. Talking is the first step. Discussing how to fix it is the next one. Talking it over with a counselor helps and they can give you a good idea on whether or not to contact children's services. And another option would be staying with another relative.

I really hope you try talking this over with them again and reconsidering running away.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

Closed Thread