TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Grabungo Offline
Average Joe

Points: 13,109, Level: 16 Points: 13,109, Level: 16 Points: 13,109, Level: 16

Unhappy Feeling really lonely :/ - March 30th 2010, 07:50 PM

Okay guys im feeling really lonely because like when i was 6 years my mom dumped my dad and he went suicide i miss him so bad now i only live with my mom i dont get to see her much either because she wakes up 5 in the morning to go to work and i wake up at 7 and go to school at 8:20 and i come home around 4 PM and she around 5 PM to 6PM and we dont got much time to talk or something because i go to sleep at 11 at night so thats not much its only 5 to 4 hours im feeling so lonely like im totally left behind or something its not a wonderful feeling please help me
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16 Points: 13,034, Level: 16

Re: Feeling really lonely :/ - March 30th 2010, 08:36 PM

What about the weekends ? Does she also work on the weekends ?

When you can, on one of those days you can spend a few minutes with her and just talk and when she has a lot of time then both of you can go out sometime and just spend the time together.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Feeling really lonely :/ - April 1st 2010, 12:18 AM

Well, she's a single mother who's working long hours, and you're a full-time student. So as unfortunate as it may be, the reality is that you'll have to make the best of what you've got. That's still 4-5 hours per evening, Monday through Friday... fill up that time with fun activities! Maybe you could prepare a nice dinner for two, once per week, and talk about what's been going on in your lives while eating. You could also have a movie night (either rent something or download it onto your computer), and a board/card game night, etc. You could also help her with chores around the house, or offer to help her with other errands, such as shopping for groceries. That will both reduce her stress level AND give her more time to spend with you later on. =)

Closed Thread