TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

What to do.. - January 7th 2009, 05:50 PM

At New Years, I made it my resolution to sort out my life because without my ex-girlfriend around I was able to do stuff for myself without her permission and having to keep her happy. I was really pleased with myself and so was my mum. But, since then my sleeping has been all over the place to the point where I'm sleeping all day and staying up all night and staying up over 24 hours just to fix it only to fall asleep during the day and mess that up. I'm trying to fix it, I really am but it's hard when I'm not getting enough sleep so I'm too tired to fix it, if that makes sense. My mum is constantly nagging me, she doesn't believe I'm trying at all even though I tell her I am. But as well as my sleeping being all over the place, I'm hardly eating anything which just makes me feel sick and have an horrible empty stomach. I felt extremely dizzy today to the point I had to sit down to stop myself from falling over and I know it's probably from one or even both of them but as far as the eating thing goes, I don't realise I'm doing it because I've done it for a while and I don't want to ask for help because I'm worried people will think I'm attention seeking.

Another problem is, just my mum. She's constantly nagging me as I've said and I'm tired 9 times out of 10 and just don't want to put up with it especially since she keeps saying "I give up with you" and then tomorrow it's the same old. I know she's trying to help me but it's just annoying me now because I'm over tired and moody! Take yesterday for example, I asked her to sort out something regarding my television and she had to ring someone and told me to be ready if she needed me, then she barges into my room, shoving the controller in my face as if I know what she wants me to do, telling me to put a channel on when I don't know what channel she wants and when she gets off the phone she has a go at me for not helping her and playing a game and not being ready when I was unaware she was about to burst into my room giving out orders left, right and center. I was ready to help her even if I was on the game but like I said, she didn't give me understandable orders, just mouthing things to me while shoving a controller in my face. Another example would be today when she said to me over msn "What is he doing?" when I didn't reply because I was busy doing something she sent me loads of ?'s. I was just sat there thinking, who the hell is she talking about when there is 3 guys in this house she can be talking about and then she asks me why I'm moody.

I probably sound like a, I don't know but I'm probably not coming off well because of what I'm saying but I just don't know what I can do and what they expect me to do. I'm trying hard, maybe not hard enough but at least I'm trying but they just keep getting on at me and I don't see how they expect me to be able to do things with them breathing down my neck and constantly seeing me as a failure. I know I am but when they are the only people I have to support me and they are just reminding me of that, it doesn't really make me feel at all motivated because I'm clearly a failure or a "no hoper" as my mom called me.

I don't know what I'm asking for but I just need to get this out. I guess I just need some idea on what I can do personally and what I can tell my mum to make her back off or support me enough to help me get myself into gear otherwise it's going to be another rubbish year before we even get into it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: What to do.. - January 7th 2009, 07:00 PM

If you're feeling tired and moody all the time, that is probably a sign that you either need to see your doctor or get to the root of what may be causing it.

The best thing you can do for yourself is starting drinking water and crackers, or something small. You will continue to feel exhausted until you start returning the nutrients your body needs. The lack of food/nutrients may be contributing to your being unable to sleep.

Once you start feeling a little better, you'll have more ability to deal with your Mom. If you haven't already, let her know that you aren't intentionally trying to upset her. Also let her know that you have no issue helping her but she needs to explain things better.

You are on no level a failure. Everyone gets stuck in one place or another and it takes a bit of pushing and pulling to sort things you. You CAN turn everything around, so don't give up on yourself.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread