TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Giddy Ian Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ian

I think my friends find me annoying... - February 9th 2009, 05:13 PM

I'm an extremely energetic and crazy person that loves to have fun and be silly. Lately I feel like people and my friends find me annoying because I'm not the "norm" so to speak. I love doing things outside the box, I always make up silly/crazy games and things to do but people always look at me like I'm stupid. People are just so boring to me and I don't feel like I'll ever be accepted because I'd rather be making up crazy things to do in a mall then talking about some girl or something that seems to be the "cool" thing to do but honestly it just seems way to serious and dramatic to me. Anytime I encounter people that are being dramatic or serious I always try to make some sarcastic joke or something like that to make it less serious and more fun.

What hurts even more is that none of them really like me that much if I'm alone with one of them, but if I'm in a group they treat me like a friend.

I mean I guess I can be annoying sometimes, but who isn't? I just don't feel like I'll ever be accepted and I sometimes wonder why nobody can just be like me.
I just hate it when I say something and they look at me like "dude stop being so childish"
Screw everyone maybe I'm just a rare breed that has fun anymore =(.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I think my friends find me annoying... - February 9th 2009, 08:06 PM

Hey Ian.

You know, there's no 'age' where you're supposed to stop having fun and being yourself. I think most people go through that phase during high school/right after high school, where they have the mentality that being 'cool' is what matters. But they grow out of it. There's nothing wrong with being yourself - if your friends find it annoying or uncool or whatever, that's their problem. Not yours. You can't change YOU for other people.

What I'm trying to say is that I know it might be frustrating when they act that way around you but, they aren't worth your time if they don't like the person you are. So be yourself. [: You'll find those people, those friends who will accept you for you and not think differently of you because you like having fun. There's nothing wrong with being unique, right?

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: I think my friends find me annoying... - February 9th 2009, 09:11 PM

Hey, Ian.
I think people like that are absolutely crazy.
If people don't like you for being you, then who cares about them?
My opinion is that people who can't look at you and see all the good qualities that you have, are people who don't matter at all to begin with. There's nothing wrong with being unique. Would you seriously want to be like the people that look at someone whose not exactly like them and roll their eyes and walk away? You are much better than that. And what I think is that eventually people get sick of all the same kind of friends, and acting serious. People need to smile and laugh a lot, and you're the kind of person who can help them have a good time when they need one. And if anyone gives you a hard time because of that awesome quality, then who really gives a darn about them?

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I think my friends find me annoying... - February 9th 2009, 09:48 PM

Hi there Ian =)

You know what? There is nothing wrong with being fun and positive. If you want to look on the bright side, then do it. If you want to have fun, then go for it! If other people don't understand, then maybe it'll give them a chance to see things in a different light.

The one thing I'd watch out for, though, is making the sarcastic comments. Although you are trying to make the situation lighter, others may not take it that way. Just make sure that they aren't misunderstanding you. They may take the comment as hurtful instead of less serious. They may not want to make the situation more fun. If they are going through a tough time, just let them get through it. There's a time for fun and there's a time for seriousness as well.

I'm glad you have such a positive attitude. =) Keep that up.

Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
newbie552 Offline
choose wisely
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: I think my friends find me annoying... - February 10th 2009, 03:49 AM

First off. hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

secondly, your are awsome for that. Society needs more people that don't want to try to fit in all the time. If your friends can't handle your awsomeness, that's just too bad for them because they're missing out on a graet person.

If you don't like the way they're treating you, try talking to them about it (one on one). Everyone has something they don't like about someone else, and everyone has to find ways to try to accept their differences

You're amazing just the way you are

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I think my friends find me annoying... - February 10th 2009, 07:57 AM

yo ian.

it seems like people that are good and positive nowdays seriously dont get the appreciation they deserve... and the thing is they deserve it MORE than anyone else.. so kudos to you

no matter what, you should be proud of yourself for having such a rocking attitude and you should be happy because you're one of the few people who truly knows how to appreciate all the non-dramatic stuff you'll DEFINITELY meet a lot of people who're similiar to you in many ways.. and you'll definitely be very close friends with them. that i definitely foresee

in case you need someone to talk, we're up for chatting

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread