TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Lightbulb i helped the problem - May 17th 2010, 08:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well this all started awhile ago...

My father works overseas like 85% of the time, so he was hardly ever at home, but still was adamant to my mother that he was still with us and there was no other woman or affair. When i was 13 my mum somehow found out but he broke off the relationship. When i was 14 i knew my dad was having an affair because we went on a trip to America, and he bought a ladies top but never gave it to us to give to my mum like he said it was for. When i was 15 i walked past past my dads Iphone, and saw messages like "i love you" "love you so much x" but didnt care. And last year i was 16, and my mum went overseas for a holiday, and she came back and went on his laptop and found emails and shit and cried and cried and cried and begged him and he said he would break it off, ofcourse he didnt, and he came home last year in December and said the marriage was over, my mum tried everything but she went mental on the second night and attacked him so he left to my grandmas house, and my mum begged and begged and cried and cried again. she attempted suicide aswell and talked about killing herself all the time. And why i didnt do anything?

Because Me and my twin brother didnt give a fuck at all, because we are nearly adults soon, and im going to move on with my life next year. My mums been a real bitch to me these past 4 years since ive been a teenager, never letting me hang out with my mates , always stopping me from doing things, nagging at me everyday, and on the plus side, i like it just me my mum and my brother, because i hate my dad hanging around, i actually text him and email him stuff so he gets the message that my mum is crazy and to continue his relationship with his overseas mistress
im a weird kid ay

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Lightbulb Re: i helped the problem - May 17th 2010, 04:00 PM

Do you really want your mum to commit suicide and sucessfuly go through with it? And maybe, even if you do, you think you'l go on happily living with that thought later on in life? Or, you don't care if she does or doesn't, fine, whichever it is. It feels like you don't give a shit untill it happens... and I've had it happen, just not with my mum. I've had times where I really didn't get on with either of my parents also... still happens, difference is I don't stick about them much anymore because Ive sort of moved out.

Her nagging and not letting you out all the time isn't a good thing, but don't misinterpret it. I doubt that it's because she hates you. A lot of mothers do it. She's had her share of problems from one angle, and you from the other. She doesn't sound like a strong person if she's onto attempting suicide, and if you double it up and completely abandon her life she might just do it.

Anyhow, it's a good thing if you're hopefully planning on moving out, but stay in contact with her. Tbh though I think your mum could do with some counselling. Her whole life's messed up. But the least you can do it stay in contact rather than allow her to completely disintegrate.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread