TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KeKeLee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mel

Thumbs down How can I help her? - May 24th 2010, 11:38 PM

My mom lost her job about 5 months ago and since then she has had depressed episodes where all she does is sleep and drink all day. It was pretty bad for a while, I would come home from school and there would be bottles everywhere and she would be drunk. She would usually be like that for a couple days then back to normal. She said she was going to get help but never ended up going. Things were going pretty good until a couple days ago, she did it again and this time she freaked out on me and started calling me names/putting me down. She's always kind of been like that, she's stubborn and if you disagree with her she'll flip out. So I packed my stuff and went to stay at my dads. My mom's boyfriend called the next morning and said she was so drunk, she wouldn't let him in, there was broken glass on the back step, the dog was outside in the rain, etc. I was ready to call the cops because I just don't know what to do anymore. We've all tried talking to her but she won't listen to us and get help. She feels normal again now but I don't want to have to deal with this again as it has been going on for 5 months now. Any ideas on how I could get her to get help please let me know.

Xo. Mel

(#2 (permalink)) Old
She.Smiles Offline
Butterfly, Fly.
Average Joe

Name: Kori

Re: How can I help her? - May 25th 2010, 03:48 AM

I think you need to find her some help. Sometimes people dealing with things like that need a kickstart to being okay again. Tell her you want to help her because you love her, and only want the best for her. Make it a family effort to pick her back up.
Hope all gets better.

Join my Hope Is Real page.
https://twitter.com/HopeIsRealxX
There is hope. Remember that. This page is to share your stories of hope or share your stories of struggle and let others give you hope. Get advice, comfort, or just be inspired

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: How can I help her? - May 26th 2010, 02:36 AM

Would your mom's boyfriend be willing to contact an attorney, and discuss possible intervention plans (legal ones, of course)? In some states, when family members can prove that their loved ones are an immediate danger to themselves and/or to others, it's possible to force rehabilitation, either residential or outpatient. Because your mother's boyfriend isn't married to her, you'd probably have to deal with all of the paperwork... but your mother's boyfriend could help, as could other family members who care about your mom's well-being.

Closed Thread