TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ntguard19 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nyssa

Question questioning - May 28th 2010, 08:16 AM

im questioning rather i should email my dad and let him know i know he is or confront my mom with it. i fue months back i had a post saying i read her email and found out. i have since been thinking it would be better if i email him and that for the fact that i dont think my mom will come clean with it. im going to give this post a week to see what yall think i should do. i would like to know what you would do if you where in my position. i am 22yrs old. i should know what to do but i dont. and if you say email him what should i say. {hi (name) my name is (Nyssa Last name). i am (names) daughter. I read some of her Emails and she had toled you i am your daughter. i was woundering you you would like to talk with me and get to know me. if not this is ok also.}or what? sorry this is long and i do appreciate the help you give me. thank you in advance Nyssa
  Send a message via AIM to ntguard19 Send a message via Yahoo to ntguard19  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: questioning - May 28th 2010, 06:38 PM

Hello, Nyssa! I think it's worth trying to get in touch with your biological father. You're 22, so I think you can handle the situation with more strength and maturity than you would at, say, 12 years old. =P You could end up developing a wonderful relationship with your father... or the first meeting could end disastrously. It's scary, now knowing which way it's going to go; however, I still think it's worth trying.

If you decide to e-mail him, I think it would be good to keep the message short and sweet. "Hello, (his name). My name is Nyssa, and based on what I've recently discovered, I believe that you might be my biological father. I was wondering if you would be willing to meet with me. I would like to hear back from you, regardless of whether or not you would like to meet with me."

It doesn't come across as overly mushy (neither did your first e-mail), but you'd be making it clear that you'd like to hear back from him. It would suck to be left hanging, never knowing whether or not he read your e-mail. =/

Last edited by PSY; May 28th 2010 at 06:43 PM.

Closed Thread