TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shaytun Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dariush

Lost all my Best Friends - June 5th 2010, 02:38 AM

I had this bff Gage. We were really similar and he was fun to mess around with. We had been friends for about 3 years.

I had another friend Zach who I've known for 4 years.
Zach started going to school with us, and even before that, Zach and Gage became best friends. I felt somewhat left out, but you know whatever, I'm not a diva.

Anyways, so this year I discovered Gage was gay. I didn't really care, but it was weird because he called everyone else gay and got really pissed about it.
I found out because this chick who had liked him said he didn't go out with her because of this guy I know, (who is gay also)

He kept getting really riled up and we fought, and quit talking a few times.
Recently he started fighting with me over this weird thing: he said that he paid 40$ for shirts, 60$ for pants, and 75$ for shoes.
His mom is unemployed and his dad left him.
He got really pissed when I didn't believe him.
So I just got sick of him and quit talking to him.

Guess what?
In exchange for a 4 year friendship Zach ditches me and hangs out with Gage only.
Okay so I'm done with those two. Don't really want to talk to them again.

Alex I knew for 2 years, but he's so damn funny and we got along great.
Gage had become jealous of Alex, because he was "my new bff"
Alex asked why I didn't want to talk to Gage,
I told him how I was really depressed over my last best friend Peyton and I had fought and weren't speaking to each other.
That's why I quit out of football and track, why my grades fell.
He ignored it. So whatever.

Next day were messing around as usual, he got pissed because I wanted to hang with him at lunch. With him it's like a paradox, he can't miss a day, literally we haven't hung once for lunch, he always says "I'm goin to mcdonalds" I say I'll go with him, he responds "well uh idk im goin with my other friends"
and blurts out all what I said.
And, said "all I do is judge people and complain to him about it."
Well fuck that, I'm not talking to someone who judges me like that.
Now all he does is yell at me and cause a scene asking why I don't talk to him. He comes over and tries to get into my conversations with people, and everyone notices how obnoxious he's being.

Kevin my best friend of 12 years.
Best man I've ever known.
I don't know if we're done but it's the same with him.
At lunch I always go with Zach and Gage,
now their gone I try Alex and Kevin.
Kevin says we hang out all the time outside of school,
NO? He swims, I see him maybe an hour every few weekends?
So he won't eat with me either so I just got pissed and demanded to know why?
So immature that he wouldn't just answer but I called him a self righteous, closet case, asshole.
Then he said he wanted to resolve it
I told him i didnt give a fuck what he did anymore.

I don't know how I feel.
I feel empty, I don't have any close friends with me anymore. I miss Alex, if he would apologize we'd be cool but he's too obnoxious about talking to me he makes me angry.
I don't really care about Gage and Zach, but I don't know maybe I'm lying to myself.
Kevin I think can be resolved, I just don't wanna deal.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Lost all my Best Friends - June 5th 2010, 08:09 AM

Well, first of all, I'm sorry to hear about Gage and Zach. It sucks that they turned on you so suddenly (and for such a petty reason).

It appears that you turned to Alex and Kevin because you were looking for company after Gage and Zach went off on their own. They may have been good friends to hang out with at the time; however, it doesn't seem like you were particularly close to them. It sounds like they were your back-up plans, more than anything else, and it was only a matter of time before you realized that they weren't going to be your new "bff"s.

The way I see it, you have two options: try to make up with all of your old friends, or put the past behind you and find new friends. This time, don't try re-connecting with old "best friends"... meet completely new people, ones who aren't already friends with Gage/Zach/Alex/Kevin. Perhaps you could join a club or sports team this summer, and meet kids who have similar interests.

Closed Thread