TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Adipose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: me

are my parents rushing me? - July 2nd 2010, 06:07 AM

i went over to my friends house and he told me that he over heard his mother talking to my mother. my mother is starting to think that i am gay. i am not. i have had a "crush" on this girl for about 3 years. at the end of the second year, she liked me back but i didnt do anything about it and i lost. my dad, is trying to get me to go to these lake concerts so i can meet some girls. i did go to this pary and i was talking to this one girl but it didnt go as much as my parents would hope. i dont text/ i.m. people becuase im not online enough to im. im also not a big texter. do you think my parents are asking too much of me? maybe rushing me? i also am not too comfortable telling my parents that i liked her becuase my mom askes way to many questions and my dad is always on my back and it might get awkward with him.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katniss♥ Offline
Just A Freak
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katniss

Re: are my parents rushing me? - July 2nd 2010, 06:12 AM

Do you feel like your parents are rushing you?

If so, then yes! They are!

Writing a letter to your parents about this and reading to them is a great way to get it off your chest. Just telling them you don't want a relation, or you're looking for the right on, should be enough for them to leave you alone!

But only YOU can depict if they're rushing it or not.

Feel free to pm me if you want any further help!

♥ My Chemical Romance ♥

Bob Bryar, you may have quit My Chemical Romance. But the sounds of the drum at the end of Welcome To The Black Parade will echo through our hearts.

♥ Bob Bryar ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: are my parents rushing me? - July 2nd 2010, 01:40 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being in a relationship with someone, I didn't get into any kind of relationship until just before I turned 17. My big cousin is 26 (I think ) and he's never had a girlfriend. I think it's an adult thing since my grandfather thought he was gay too. If you feel pressured to find a girlfriend then chances are you'll end up in a relationship with a girl you don't really like, just to appease your parents and that's not fair on you or the girl.
If you feel you're being pressured then sit down with your parents, or talk to your dad if he tries to take you to a concert or whatever and just tell them that you are straight and you have had interests in girls. It's not their place to try and force you into finding someone if you're not ready.
Good luck with it, I hope things get better for you

~ Nat

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread