TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

dad's bad mood - July 4th 2010, 06:32 PM

hey, i know this is probably not a very serious thing, but just wanna ask anyway..
thing is, my dad, although he is nice most of the time, he flares up randomly over small things and starts throwing things around and slamming tables, drawers and everything. it's quite scary coz he'd look very pissed off and is rather noisy. it's impossible to predict when he's gonna flare up too. and it's really over really small things that do not bother him at other times.
do your parents do that too?

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SessyRocks Offline
Not a n00b

Name: April

Re: dad's bad mood - July 4th 2010, 08:36 PM

When I was little and my dad still lived with us he used to punch holes in the wall, break things, or even hit me. He finally moved out when I was about 9 though. He had anger issues, the whole family knew it. My mom, who I live with now, still yells and explodes over the smallest things. I don't like it but I've learned the best thing is to just leave the room and give her space.

"To obtain this in exchange for Rin's life...it means nothing!!"-Sesshoumaru

Send a message via AIM to SessyRocks  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dad's bad mood - July 6th 2010, 04:30 AM

My parents are like that in the extreme. It is so stupid. But they are extremely mentally unhealthy overall, and this behavior is just one little detail, so certainly it could be called minor.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: dad's bad mood - July 7th 2010, 06:48 PM

My father can be overly critical, both of others and himself... so when things don't go his way, he'll turn red in the face, stare angrily, and talk in a condescending tone of voice. I know that doesn't sound as bad as punching holes through walls... but when you have no idea what's going to set him off, it can cause some serious tension between the two of us, which breaks down communication and (ultimately) our bond as father and daughter.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: dad's bad mood - July 9th 2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY View Post
My father can be overly critical, both of others and himself... so when things don't go his way, he'll turn red in the face, stare angrily, and talk in a condescending tone of voice. I know that doesn't sound as bad as punching holes through walls... but when you have no idea what's going to set him off, it can cause some serious tension between the two of us, which breaks down communication and (ultimately) our bond as father and daughter.
I can totally relate to that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: dad's bad mood - July 9th 2010, 06:04 PM

My father can be the same way. Is he under a lot of stress at work or elsewhere sometimes that can cause people to be that way.

For example, my father is a supervisor sometimes the people under him are very disrespectful or those above him get mad for him spending money that needs to be spent to improve the plant.

It is very hard not to bring that home sometimes.

Closed Thread