TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Megumi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meg Johnston

Unhappy My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 10th 2010, 09:02 AM

I turned 17 on July 8, and my dad didn't make any effort to contact me to wish me a happy birthday. I live in Canada, and he lives in Scotland, and I didn't get a birthday card or a phone call, and not even a text or an email. I know this sounds like I am a whiny child, but I love my dad with all my heart, and we've always been very close, in fact, he once told me that I have always been his favourite child, so I expected some kind of contact from him. I moved here in November and he didn't send me or my sister a Christmas present. He lives with his girlfriend and her 2 daughters, and they are expecting a child in December. I feel like he is using this new baby to replace me, and they're actually going to call the baby Molly of it is a girl, which is a diminutive of my full name, Margaret. I feel really hurt that he didn't wish me a happy birthday, and then I feel immature and selfish because it shouldn't be a big deal.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 10th 2010, 07:46 PM

Don't feel like your whining or being selfish. I know it hurts, my dad did the same thing on my birthday when I turned seventeen. Im sorry that this has happened to you. Maybe he just forgot and yes I know that is sad and pathetic but it could be true. If it hurts this much, try talking to him. Shoot him an email or write to him. You could call him if you'd like and talk about it and tell him it hurt.

Im so sorry. It sucks when this happens and hurts. But it will get better.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 12th 2010, 07:47 PM

You are definitely not a whiney child. In fact, I don't blame you for being hurt. That was a very unthoughtful thing for him to do. He may have forgotten? Perhaps try calling him or send him an e-mail telling him it was your birthday, tell him it hurt you when he doesn't even make an effort to call you or send you anything. If he can't even reply to you or say anything back, then he's not a real father and isn't deserving of your love or your attention. If he can't even be caring towards you, don't show him any compassion back.
I think biological connections are not what matters, but the people who stick around and love you and treat you like family are the people who really matter in your life.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 12th 2010, 08:14 PM

At least he didn't ring you a week before and tell you that you weren't getting anything!

It hurts - but you know what? Move on ... Don't wallow in self-pitty over it ... He obviously isn't worth it.

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 13th 2010, 12:07 PM

Happy belated birthday. Have you heard from your father yet?

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Megumi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meg Johnston

Re: My dad didn't even text me on my birthday - July 17th 2010, 07:22 AM

Yes, my mum emailed him to tell him that she was ashamed of him for not making an effort, and he sent me an email not 3 minutes later saying he "had been busy at work."

Closed Thread